iV60 Loft, v3.0 software,
Velvet red, pano roof,
basic parking and convenience pack
100kw upgraded free of charge
Podpoint home charger

metalmadhammer

Post by metalmadhammer »

Thanks for sharing.
I think it confirms my thoughts that these cars are not and will never be sports cars with its skittish behaviour on the road and lack of ability in the bends.
Its much closer to a luxury cruiser and the L&K badge would be more appropriate.
VRS is pointless IMO. Looks great though.
Enyaq 80 Suite, Race Blue, Panoramic Sunroof, 20" Vega Alloys and a silly overpriced rubber mat for the boot.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Yes, none of the MEB platform cars are or will be sports cars. VAG have other EVs that fit that bill (under the Porsche and Audi badges). I imagine there will be a lower cost performance oriented platform from them at some point, but MEB isn't it.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

metalmadhammer wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:20 am Thanks for sharing.
I think it confirms my thoughts that these cars are not and will never be sports cars with its skittish behaviour on the road and lack of ability in the bends.
Its much closer to a luxury cruiser and the L&K badge would be more appropriate.

Like putting ‘Mustang’ on the Ford Mach E. Does look great though (the VRS. Not the Mach E).
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
RichR

Post by RichR »

Ah - but the Mach E wasn't designed by Ford per se, it was designed by the Mustang design team as a concept car. But then Ford desperately needed an EV before they lost the market to the likes of Tesla, VAG, Hyundai/Kia, BMW and Mercedes all who were launching several EVs in 2020/21. So they looked at what they had internally and the Mach-E was near enough suited to meet the requirements, using the EV platform they'd partly got designed for the future Focus replacement. So they gave the Mustang team the platform and said, we'll give you free reign to turn that car into a reality - with none of the usual committee meetings and panels and focus groups that Ford would normally go through. Hence it isn't really a Ford in that it wasn't designed in the normal way. I think there might have been a certain amount of being able to distance themselves from it if was a flop too.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Bryanmet

Post by Bryanmet »

I think the Coupe looks great in all versions. The body shape is well resolved and the pano roof sets it off really well. Practical space as well, with more boot space than normal ID4 and Q4 e-tron. Like it a lot - maybe next time?
Private Car: Enyaq IV60 Suite - Brilliant Silver, 21” Alloys, Convenience Plus, Parking Basic, Climate Basic, Tow Bar, 100Kw. Ordered 21/07/21 - Delivered 22/11/21.
zice

Post by zice »

guzzler fans can always get the i30N or Fabia/Octavia vRS :)
while they still can... :)
metalmadhammer

Post by metalmadhammer »

Goaty wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:50 am

Like putting ‘Mustang’ on the Ford Mach E. Does look great though (the VRS. Not the Mach E).
I was fuming at this Goaty. Completely inappropriate use of the classic brand. I'm not against an electric Mustang as it is inevitable but to make it an SUV is sacrilege. Brands are important, especially classic ones.
Enyaq 80 Suite, Race Blue, Panoramic Sunroof, 20" Vega Alloys and a silly overpriced rubber mat for the boot.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

metalmadhammer wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:41 am
Goaty wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:50 am

I was fuming at this Goaty. Completely inappropriate use of the classic brand. I'm not against an electric Mustang as it is inevitable but to make it an SUV is sacrilege. Brands are important, especially classic ones.

And to find out (from RichR) above that it was the Mustang team which designed the thing, makes it all the more ridiculous I think. I don’t particularly like the look of it, although Mrs Goaty says she does. But I’d actually feel a bit embarrassed to have the ‘Mustang’ on it. Just Ford Mach E would have sufficed although as RichR said - it gives Ford the opportunity to distance themselves from it, if it flops. As it turns out, I guess they’re doing okay with it, as I’ve seen quite a few around.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
RichR

Post by RichR »

Some of the higher performance models that are USA only are more reasonable - especially if compared with the handling characteristics of classic muscle cars (ie worse at going round corners quickly than the average European family hatchback). Bit too much US oriented styling for me, and the boot isn't as practical as the Enyaq one.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post