Public chargers with two connectors

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
RWH

Post by RWH »

Has anyone any idea why some public chargers e.g. ecotricity have two CCS connectors but only one can be powered at any one time. What is the point? Is it so that you're plugged in and ready for when the other charge finishes? I tried it today and the screen did tell me it couldn't supply power. Apparently it won't start if you leave the car, so someone can come and use the other connector in the meantime. I think it's all part of the randomness of public charging!! :)

RichR

Post by RichR »

I would guess it’s dependent on the supply to the unit. If the location has a beefy enough supply then the software can be configured for both to work.
Or maybe one used to be a ChaDeMo plug that has been swapped out for a Type 2 CCS?

Bear in mind that all the Ecotricity chargers are old and being replaced by Gridserve ones - they were never that great when they were new 10 years ago.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
RWH

Post by RWH »

I think I found the answer - https://www.gridserve.com/2021/06/22/du ... c-highway/. I guess the new software hasn't arrived!!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post