VRS colour

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
altitude2k

Post by altitude2k »

Im in a predicament about the colour to order our VRS. It will be my wife’s daily car and she really likes the hyper green. I actually kinda like it too but I’m worried about the realities of resale value and negative attention (vandalism). If someone is walking down the road feeling like being a ****head it’s her car they’ll do it to.

I actually quite like the dark silver, but she only likes blue as an alternative but isn’t really that keen to not have the green.

Feels a bit silly to be so conservative about a car like this, I know! I guess I just need someone to back me up or slap some sense into me :lol:

kpayne

Post by kpayne »

I went for Velvet Red - my Wife has a Fabia in Velvet Red and it's multi-layer & a very nice colour.
I never would have considered a red car, but the finish on my wife's Fabia changed my mind.

If you're wanting something that will sell easily, then black, white or silver is most common according to auto trader (although this was a few years ago).

Hyper Green is a limited edition, so it will probably benefit your resale value over the "stock" colours.

If you get the car on finance, you could just hand it back after the finance period and then it's Skoda's problem to sell it, not yours.

IMO, if you're going to be driving it for a few years, and you're car proud. Get whatever you want and enjoy it!
zice

Post by zice »

go white.
perfect balance between white & black trims, incl. panoramic roof.
classy. low maintenance
altitude2k

Post by altitude2k »

zice wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:20 am go white.
perfect balance between white & black trims, incl. panoramic roof.
classy. low maintenance
She doesn’t want white. Hates white cars for some reason. I do like it in white, though.
IanEV

Post by IanEV »

Henry Ford once said ‘any customer can have any colour they want as long as it’s black’.

Trouble is I only ever buy red cars which is a £1k option on an Enyaq and £2k on a Tesla, ridiculous when it can’t cost the manufacturer anymore money to paint it red rather than blue.
Ordered August 2021, collected 28/4
iV60 Loft, v3.0 software,
Velvet red, pano roof,
basic parking and convenience pack
100kw upgraded free of charge
Podpoint home charger
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

I’d just get what she likes to avoid any arguments 😂
altitude2k

Post by altitude2k »

C2atb wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:29 am I’d just get what she likes to avoid any arguments 😂
That’s a solid plan. Although it’s going to kill me when I have to swallow an “I told you so” later on :lol:
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

Go for it and if it does cause issues later on then you can get your own back
zice

Post by zice »

get it in the cheapest color available and wrap it once a year in anything else you feel like :)
wifey gets whatever color she wants as long as she takes care of the insurance :)))))
altitude2k

Post by altitude2k »

I went with the “happy wife, happy life” principle. I do like the green, and if you’re going to get a car like that you might as well get the signature colour.

Anyway, let the wait begin I guess. I wonder if they’ll prioritise the vRS to get more of them on the road?