Advice for new order?

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
SarahB

Post by SarahB »

Hello forum. I am about to order an Enyaq 80, and am slightly bewildered by some of the options.
Could those of you who already own/drive one, or who have opinions, give me some advice not he following points;
1. Is it worth going for the heat pump?
2. IS the sunroof a good plan? We do use a roof box when on family holidays (a couple of times a year) and worry that it may not be compatible.
3. would the cargo net be sufficient as a dog guard, or do I need to have this fitted as extra?
4. Any suggestions on top tips for must have packs? So far, I am planning to get
- family pack plus
-convenience package plus
-light and view basic.
Thanks in advance for any advice and guidance.
Sarah

Perchede

Post by Perchede »

I skipped the sun roof so can't advuise on that.
I don't think the cargo net would do at all as a dog guard.
I would suggest assisted drive Plus which I use all the time.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Welcome. We should be able to help with some suggestions.

1 - I wrote a big post about how the heat pump system works (viewtopic.php?f=11&t=898) - the upshot is that if you do mainly short journeys then no, probably not. But if you do longer journeys, especially when the temperature is below freezing then most definitely yes. Don't let the price put you off, many other makes have heat pump systems as standard and you can't opt out of having it. Metallic paint costs almost as much and doesn't do anything useful for example.

2 - If you like lots of natural light then yes, go for it. Particularly useful if you have rear seat passengers. For me, it was a lot of money for not much benefit, so I chose to go for the HUD instead.

3 - No, nets won't restrain a dog very well, and in the case of an accident won't do much at all. Better off getting a crate that will keep the dog secure.

4 - Assisted Drive Plus really is worth it. Being able to just press a button on the steering wheel and have the car self steer and maintain distance and speed on motorways makes long distance journeys far more relaxed. The head up display (Infotainment Plus) is nice to have. Ultimately it all depends on what you use the car for and how you like to drive. A good tectic is to get the list of packages from the back of the brochure (where it breaks down what's included in each), and mark them as 'essential', 'nice to have' or 'not interested'.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
SarahB

Post by SarahB »

thanks both! I'll print brochure off now and mark it up!
RichR

Post by RichR »

Also consider going for Energy Blue paint if your budget is tight, unless you absolutely have to have metallic paint :) I actually ended up changing my choice from an 80 Loft with a lot of packages to a Sportline, because most of what I wanted was standard on Sportline, plus I got some packages I'd ruled out as 'nice to have but too expensive' such as the matrix headlights, which now I wouldn't give up :D. I think I changed from Race Blue to Energy Blue and dropped Climate Plus, and ended up paying £1000 more for a car with well over £3000 more in terms of options (and as a bonus, no nasty chrome bits). It's worth playing around with various configurations on the web configurator, as you might end up with this sort of thing.

All the packages and base models make it very confusing, but sadly this is the way VW group do things. Also be aware that sometimes due to supply issues they might temporarily remove an option, or change the prices. Early on they were doing things like upgrading 19" wheels to 20" for free because there was a shortage of 19" tyres for example.

And of course - with the global semiconductor, Covid and supply issues, be prepared to wait up to a year for delivery :(
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
SarahB

Post by SarahB »

Thanks so much RichR! I am just about to talk through options with dealer- I had already ditched metallic paint option in favour of rather nice standard blue, so that I can spend on a better option- but then realised that I needed to run options on sport line to see if it is better value--- I will go through that on the phone now.
Dealer has warned me of 52 week lead time.... He had warned me to get cracking when we test drove last summer- but I wrongly assumed I would be able to buy a new-ish one with a few thousand miles for a better price.
I'm finding all the packages a bit mystifying- we have never ordered a new car before, always bought lightly pre-loved.
And will have to have dog guard fitted once it's done...

S
RichR

Post by RichR »

Use the Skoda website, rather than trusting a dealership too much - they have been known to make mistakes. You can generate your specification and just give them the code the website creates so they can order it, and you know it'll be correct :) You can add and remove things to your heart's content on there and see how it affects the final price.

https://cc.skoda-auto.com/gbr/en-GB/

I prefer to have my dogs in removeable crates (we breed and show Smooth Collies). Saves getting any damage and too much hair in the car itself.

IMG_0570.JPEG

Erakettu

Post by Erakettu »

I, too, would advice on getting to know the online configurator and watching some youtube videos to see what the options actually mean
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

+ 1 for Assisted Drive PLUS.

If I had been restricted to just one pack, this would be it.

It includes Traffic Jam Assist - which takes control of the accelerator and brake in annoying traffic jam conditions.

It includes Adaptive Cruise Control - allowing you to leave braking and accelerating to the car, so you can forget about the frustration of variable traffic speeds (obviously you have to be ready to take over immediately if a situation arises). Helps with improving range too, if you’re okay being in the inside lane where traffic flow is often slower.

It includes Blind Spot alert which I find works really well with large orange lights which glow when something is approaching from behind in either lane next to you (possibly temporarily no longer available though I think I read ?)

And it includes Full Travel Assist - which handles much of the steering by itself above a certain speed and subject to lane markings being clear. It’s not full auto-steering and you still have to keep your hands on the wheel, but those who have it, say it’s really good. I don’t have this particular feature, as I only have the Assisted Drive BASIC pack but this comes with everything else I mentioned above. PLUS is the one to go for, as it’s just a few hundred quid more.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Glen I

Post by Glen I »

Hi l have ordered a IV60, to take advantage of the plug in grant, I went for the Driver assist basic as at the time the info in the options section indicated that the only differance was traffic jam assist, and with the plus you had to purchase another option. This resulted in almost twice the price. I have now seen that blind spot is not included in the basis or plus options. Has anyone heard if the cars ordered with blind spot and so paid more for the option will get the driver assist with this active

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post