Is this a stupid idea?

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Ouvavou

Post by Ouvavou »

I’m doubting I’ll get my iv60 this year and don’t want to spend another 6+ months sharing the wife’s kamiq (I sold the kodiaq in Nov due to good second hand prices and assumed max 8 month wait).

I’m pondering ordering a Polestar 2 (the websites says delivery in September - how accurate this is likely to be is another question). My thinking is that, assuming that I still want the iv60 when it shows up, I just put the polestar in as p/x.

I’ve just been emailed the dealer to see if that’s an option (I assume it is). I’m doubting I’d loose much if anything on the polestar 2 over 6 ish months if I did end up using it as p/x.

I like the polestar but the wife prefers the enyaq as it’s higher up and has a much better boot. I like the enyaq for these reasons plus it’s a fair bit cheaper based on Oct pricing and the government grant of £2500. The polestar 2 has a google auto which looks infinitely better than the VW system and even the standard range, which is what I’d order, has more range / bigger battery (30 ish miles). But it’s more expensive…..

Is this a really stupid idea?
IV60, quartz grey, suite trim, regulus alloys,
Packs: assisted drive+, climate+, Drive, Light & view, parking, convenience+, Transport, Family, Rear side airbags, towbar, 100KW. Zappi & Solar.
Ordered 20/10/21 - Delivered 19/07/22

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

With this approach, you’re relying on second-hand markets still being favourable to sellers in 6 months time. They probably will be, but I’d research it a little bit more first, to see if people are actually getting their asking price. We hear anecdotally about second hand cars selling for more than brand new ones (because they’re available right now) but I don’t know how common that is. The dealership would probably give you a bit of a rubbish p/x deal, too.

The Polestar 2 is a really nice looking car; it’s probably one of the ones I’m more envious of, when I see them around. Again, it wasn’t a practical option for us, as we generally need a large boot. The danger here, is you might end up really liking the Polestar and might find it difficult to give up!

How about getting hold of a compromise-car for a few months? An old Insignia or something which would make do - and probably cost less than 3 grand.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Ouvavou

Post by Ouvavou »

Thanks Goaty - I’m thinking it’s a stupid idea 😀

It’s a bit of a risk relying on secondhand values remaining good. We’re fine with just the one car at the mo - I just want a shiny new toy now.

I had a response from the dealer also which, apart from pointing out this risk, did share something which might be of interest to folks but I’ll put it in the main delivery thread.
Packs: assisted drive+, climate+, Drive, Light & view, parking, convenience+, Transport, Family, Rear side airbags, towbar, 100KW. Zappi & Solar.
zice

Post by zice »

Ouvavou wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:50 am Is this a really stupid idea?
yes.
Ouvavou

Post by Ouvavou »

zice wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:39 pm
Ouvavou wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:50 am Is this a really stupid idea?
yes.
Agreed - it’s been filed in my overflowing “stupid ideas” folder 👍
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

/\ No ideas are stupid ideas - until they cause you to lose money or break bones !
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
IanJ

Post by IanJ »

Ouvavou wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:02 pm I had a response from the dealer also which, apart from pointing out this risk, did share something which might be of interest to folks but I’ll put it in the main delivery thread.
Oh, go on. What was the gossip from the dealer?
iV 80 Suite, Arctic Silver plus various packages. ME 3.1
Ordered late Oct 21 for delivery June 2022. Scheduled production now Week 29 (was previously late September). In transit 25 July 22. Delivered as ordered 17 August 22.
Ouvavou

Post by Ouvavou »

It’s not that exciting but he said:

“ The factory won’t cancel an order once placed. They are more likely to upgrade you to the next mode up (the 80) than to cancel the order altogether worst case scenario.”

I thought it was an interesting thing to say after what someone else posted about the options being given to German buyers. I’m not sure how it’d work - a like for like upgrade to an 80 would be another £8k ish extra (taking into account the loss of the £2500 grant). I’d be interest if it meant a quicker delivery but I’d want to drop the suite interior to save a bit (and that is based on the price in October).
tomm636

Post by tomm636 »

Have people waiting on extended enyaq deliveries seen this short term lease company:
https://on.to/

I havent used them myself but have heard good things about them, handy if you already have a charger installed and includes free public charging.
Enyaq iV 80 Suite, Quartz Grey, 125 kW DC charging, 20" Vega wheels, Assisted drive pack, Heat pump, Climate pack, Convenience pack, Drive sport pack, Electric Towbar, Family pack plus, Infotainment pack plus, Built Sep 2021