Not an SUV?

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Post Reply
User avatar
RichR
Posts: 1273
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:53 am
Location: South end of North Yorkshire

Post by RichR » Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:40 pm

I keep telling people that despite what Skoda call it. I don’t consider the Enyaq to be an SUV. I think of it as a large estate car or possibly crossover in the Subaru Legacy/Outback style. To me, an SUV is something like a Honda CRV, Land Rover Discovery or similar. High roofline, boxy, perhaps 4WD.

Then the other day I parked next to a Range Rover Evoque - and oh dear, the rear ends look quite similar don’t they? 😃

22A2EC55-F2B6-4247-B224-36767A8E6351.jpeg

Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Built Nov 2021.

Goaty
Posts: 1065
Joined: Sat May 22, 2021 3:27 pm

Post by Goaty » Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:48 pm

I’m just waiting for the day when one of those anti-SUV eco-loons start slashing tyres on things like Enyaq’s and IX3’s, because they assume they’re diesel 4x4’s !

By the way - you’d have to try REALLY hard to scuff the alloys on that Evoque!
iV80 Loft, ordered 25/5/21, del: 4/11/21. Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate +, Asst Drive Basic. (company car, replaced BMW 520d). Tethered PodPoint.

User avatar
RichR
Posts: 1273
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:53 am
Location: South end of North Yorkshire

Post by RichR » Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:00 pm

Yeah - they look tiny compared to my 20"s :)
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Built Nov 2021.

BioHzrd
Posts: 410
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:14 pm
Location: Scotland

Post by BioHzrd » Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:26 pm

Goaty wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:48 pm
I’m just waiting for the day when one of those anti-SUV eco-loons start slashing tyres on things like Enyaq’s and IX3’s, because they assume they’re diesel 4x4’s !

By the way - you’d have to try REALLY hard to scuff the alloys on that Evoque!
My missus could give it a good go like !!
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

Pod Point Engineer

My opinions are my own and not that of the Pod Point whom i work for !!!

Pod Point Tethered Solo3 - 4kW Solar Array

Goaty
Posts: 1065
Joined: Sat May 22, 2021 3:27 pm

Post by Goaty » Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:42 pm

/\ The Eco-loony thing, or kerb the ‘impossible to kerb’ alloys ? 😂
iV80 Loft, ordered 25/5/21, del: 4/11/21. Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate +, Asst Drive Basic. (company car, replaced BMW 520d). Tethered PodPoint.

BioHzrd
Posts: 410
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:14 pm
Location: Scotland

Post by BioHzrd » Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:33 pm

Goaty wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:42 pm
/\ The Eco-loony thing, or kerb the ‘impossible to kerb’ alloys ? 😂
Kerb the impossible to kerb alloys, every day the car cones back with scuff marks on the masssssive side walls it's only time before the inevitable happens.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

Pod Point Engineer

My opinions are my own and not that of the Pod Point whom i work for !!!

Pod Point Tethered Solo3 - 4kW Solar Array

scratch113
Posts: 186
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:48 pm

Post by scratch113 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:32 pm

BioHzrd wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:26 pm
Goaty wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:48 pm
I’m just waiting for the day when one of those anti-SUV eco-loons start slashing tyres on things like Enyaq’s and IX3’s, because they assume they’re diesel 4x4’s !

By the way - you’d have to try REALLY hard to scuff the alloys on that Evoque!
My missus could give it a good go like !!
Good job you didn't go for the 21" Betria alloys then...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Current: 22 Kodiaq Sportline 2.0TDI 200
Prev: 19 Kodiaq
16 LR Disco Sport HSE Lux
08 Audi A5 3.0TDI
03 Audi S4 4.2 V8
98 Audi A4 2.8 quattro
95 Audi A4 1.8T Sport
92 VW Golf Mk3 1.9 TD
90 Ford Escort Mk5 1.6 LX
83 Vauxhall Astra Mk1 1.3 S

BioHzrd
Posts: 410
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:14 pm
Location: Scotland

Post by BioHzrd » Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:42 pm

scratch113 wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:32 pm
BioHzrd wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:26 pm
Goaty wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:48 pm
I’m just waiting for the day when one of those anti-SUV eco-loons start slashing tyres on things like Enyaq’s and IX3’s, because they assume they’re diesel 4x4’s !

By the way - you’d have to try REALLY hard to scuff the alloys on that Evoque!
My missus could give it a good go like !!
Good job you didn't go for the 21" Betria alloys then...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
You should have seen the wheels Vega rims on our Sportline Karoq :shock: every week it would come back and I'd see the tell tale white marks on the tyre.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

Pod Point Engineer

My opinions are my own and not that of the Pod Point whom i work for !!!

Pod Point Tethered Solo3 - 4kW Solar Array

zice
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:45 am

Post by zice » Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:53 pm

it's not the rims' fault, it's the tyres usually, they don't have rim protections.

BioHzrd
Posts: 410
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2021 3:14 pm
Location: Scotland

Post by BioHzrd » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:12 pm

Rims shouldn't need protecting In the first place though !
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

Pod Point Engineer

My opinions are my own and not that of the Pod Point whom i work for !!!

Pod Point Tethered Solo3 - 4kW Solar Array

Post Reply