Turning android auto on and off easily

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
DazAutomatic

Post by DazAutomatic »

Apologies for silly question - is there an easy way to choose when your phone connects to android auto, and when not? At the moment we either connect automatically, or we have to forget the phone and start from scratch when we want it. If I turn Bluetooth off, android auto just turns it back on again. The phone says the car is in control of this. It works great when it's on, but we just want to choose when to use it. Thanks.
Enyaq iV 80 Loft, 125 kW DC charging, heat pump, assisted drive+, parking+, convenience basic, towbar prep, ME3.0 update. MyEnergi Zappi v2 charger. Intelligent Octopus, referral code to share £100: share.octopus.energy/sunny-fox-995

Erakettu

Post by Erakettu »

Check the car connectivity settings. Phone AA has settings to never connect or always connect, not to be able to self control it.
DazAutomatic

Post by DazAutomatic »

Thanks, I couldn't find that app setting, but will call on Google for advice...
Enyaq iV 80 Loft, 125 kW DC charging, heat pump, assisted drive+, parking+, convenience basic, towbar prep, ME3.0 update. MyEnergi Zappi v2 charger. Intelligent Octopus, referral code to share £100: share.octopus.energy/sunny-fox-995
DazAutomatic

Post by DazAutomatic »

So on mine, you have to design up to driving mode first, then the option is there. I hadn't signed up, so couldn't stop it previously.
ifightdragons

Post by ifightdragons »

DazAutomatic wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 6:01 pm So on mine, you have to design up to driving mode first, then the option is there. I hadn't signed up, so couldn't stop it previously.
Having the same problem, but can't understand this post explaining how you solved it.

Could you please elaborate?
Walter Eagle

Post by Walter Eagle »

I positioned the Smart Link (I think that's what it's called - not in car at present) button as one of the three favourites at the bottom middle of the big screen.

When I get in first it often shows as the 'three squares' SmartLink icon. Pressing this activates the Android Auto connection. The icon then changes to the Android Auto symbol - I think it's meant to be two stylised A's.

One of the permanent buttons just to the right of the favourites is Home. Pressing that switches the display from Google Maps to the car's own map display, and switches the media layout too. Pressing the Android Auto favourite button switches back to Google Maps etc. I can toggle between the two like that.

Not sure if that's what you're looking for, but it appears to work for me.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post