Reversing camera

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
BERTILON

Post by BERTILON »

I have the Enyaq 60, delivered Oct21, with reversing camera option.
I have found the camera to be of very poor quality unless it's broad daylight. Effectively as soon as the light level drops the screen is almost black.
I've asked my Skoda dealer about this and he couldn't comment, so he went out to a demo car and tried the camera, his test also resulted in a dark screen.
On any car I've used in the past the camera gives a good image even in the dark, so what's wrong with the skoda camera. Is not like this option was free.
Anyone else noticed this?
Enyaq IV. 60 Nav Suite. Brilliant silver metallic with 19 inch wheels
100 kW charging, essential for longer journeys
Tow bar preparation
Convenience plus
Assisted drive package
Parking package (Β£505) but not worth the money at this time
Free umbrella

BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

It's a known issue that dealers arnt interested in nor Skoda. If you paid Β£1000 for fancy matrix it's all good. I have the same issue so your not alone learn to live with it or so what I do some times switch your lights off when reversing the difference is night and day.

The upcoming software update is meant to "sort" this issue but I doubt it will and it'll be 2023 by the time we get it at this rate.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! πŸ˜ƒ

Might work for a well know charging company πŸ˜‰

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about πŸ˜‚
Vasarolli

Post by Vasarolli »

There is a long thread about this, you can adjust a bit the camera settings. Move your hand close to the screen when in reverse, some settings show up. Adjust the camera as much as you can. Does not do miracles but in my case it improved a lot. Of course in Finland now we have half a year when it is just bright outside 24/7. :)
GavinT

Post by GavinT »

This was the first (and only) 'problem' I noticed on the day I took delivery of my Enyaq in mid-December 2021. Adjusting the brightness and contrast settings does improve things, but still a lot darker than I've seen in a Land Rover Discovery Sport. As I can see a more on the camera view from the red brake lights, the issue would seem to be a combination of the camera itself and the brightness of the reversing lights. As someone else pointed out in one of the other threads, legally speaking, the primary purpose of reversing lights is to indicate to other road users that you are reversing, not as a source of illumination for you as the driver.

Fortunately for now this issue is less of an issue in the summer months, and hopefully by the time the darker winter months come around, the much talked about software update will have been rolled out with a further improvement.
Enyaq iV 60 Suite, Brilliant Silver (Packages: Family Plus, Climate Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat, Assisted Drive, Parking, Transport, Tow Bar). Delivered Dec 2021.
BERTILON

Post by BERTILON »

Thanks for comments, I had the impression that skoda weren't panicking over this issue. I actually asked for myΒ£505 back, but no response to that question.
I have adjusted brightness and contrast, well also try other suggestions. It's a shame as I really love this car
Enyaq IV. 60 Nav Suite. Brilliant silver metallic with 19 inch wheels
100 kW charging, essential for longer journeys
Tow bar preparation
Convenience plus
Assisted drive package
Parking package (Β£505) but not worth the money at this time
Free umbrella
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

Unfortunately something went wrong with order on enyaq and I literally have a black screen however my kodiaq camera was tip top and I had tinted lights and even without reverse lights on it was fine I wonder if it would just be a straight swap of the camera ? Instead of waiting and compensating etc
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

C2atb wrote: ↑Sat May 21, 2022 1:53 pm Unfortunately something went wrong with order on enyaq and I literally have a black screen however my kodiaq camera was tip top and I had tinted lights and even without reverse lights on it was fine I wonder if it would just be a straight swap of the camera ? Instead of waiting and compensating etc
I would assume it's a straight swap but I do think (in my case) it's an issue with the actuall camera it's a software issue with the light sensor for the auto contrast and white balance. That and the fact they are stretching the image resolution from an 8" screen across a 13" one now too without upping the resolution.

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about πŸ˜‚
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

Yeh I can see quality degrading but it was like daylight in pitch black
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

C2atb wrote: ↑Sun May 22, 2022 10:58 am Yeh I can see quality degrading but it was like daylight in pitch black
My Karoq was identical, I'd did however have an LED reverse light at either side.

I also think that the number plate lights have a part of the blame in making the image useless in dark areas to be honest.

If you switch if the car lights while reversing at night the camera is usable, still not as clear as the Karoq but alot better.

Vasarolli

Post by Vasarolli »

Id4 has similar issue, and there are solutions for it. You can probably test easily with some cardboard mockup.

https://www.vwidtalk.com/threads/backup ... ight.4428/

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post