Electric Tailgate Retrofit

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Skeniv

Post by Skeniv »

As of posting, the Convenience Package Plus - a £1.3K option on the Škoda configurator - comes with the Electrically operated boot with virtual pedal, amongst other features.

If you wish to have the electric tailgate but having doubts during your order process, you might want to brace yourself for the price of retrofitting the electric tailgate (without the boot open switch located at the driver door).

Check the video below and share your thoughts? (Company website in video description).

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with the company. Came across the video on YouTube and thought it interesting to share.
Enyaq iV60 Loft, Brilliant Silver, 19” Regulus Anthracite. Plus Package. MY22 (Ordered 07/21 - Delivered 06/22).

Lorttrol

Post by Lorttrol »

I am glad mine is coming from the factory with the electric tailgate!
Ordered 8th Jan 22 - 80, Energy Blue, Loft, Light and View +, Convenience +, Drive Pack +, Comfort seat basic, Climate Package basic, Drive Sport Basic and HUD. Delivery 41 weeks to the day!
Previous: Tarraco, 1st Edition Plus 2.0 TDI 7 speed DSG 4WD
Skeniv

Post by Skeniv »

Lorttrol wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:01 pm I am glad mine is coming from the factory with the electric tailgate!

Likewise. The Convenience Pack Plus is the only pack I personally upgraded to Plus largely because of the electronic tailgate.
Enyaq iV60 Loft, Brilliant Silver, 19” Regulus Anthracite. Plus Package. MY22 (Ordered 07/21 - Delivered 06/22).
Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

I believe looked at the same company a few years ago to retrofit a reversing camera to my 2018 Tiguan - think they were recommended by my VW Dealer. The cost was at least double the factory option at the time so decided to manage without. I would have liked an electric tailgate but with the cost of more desirable options (to me) mounting had to stop ticking the options list somewhere and in my case it was the tailgate. I personally don’t regret my options choice but it is a heavy tailgate! I am not facing the same dilemma with my Tesla Model 3 order as none of the very limited options appeal - even if they were free I would not choose - thankfully an electric boot is standard.
IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.
metalmadhammer

Post by metalmadhammer »

There are cheaper options that probably don't work quite as well but work anyway. A friend had something fitted to his Ford Focus RS that was about £300 and it works well.

Enyaq 80 Suite, Race Blue, Panoramic Sunroof, 20" Vega Alloys and a silly overpriced rubber mat for the boot.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post