Enyaq wont charge

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Jimmyplowman45

Post by Jimmyplowman45 »

Hi, I've had my enyaq a week now and am having an intermittent problem charging from my home Pod Point.
Sometimes it works finte but other times I cant get the thing charging at all. The charge light in the car flashes white, before turning solid red after a minute or two.
Ive tried unplugging and plugging back in again, turning the charger off and on again, and fiddling with the charge settings but nothing seems to work.
I Cant work out if this is a problem with the car or the charger? can anyone help?

IanEV

Post by IanEV »

Hi, have you tried charging away from home? Why not go to a local Tesco they have Podpoint chargers. That will test your cable and car. I have Podpoint at home with no issues. You need the light to go green on the car for it to start charging. Is your Podpoint connected to the home Wi-Fi, can you connect to it via the Podpoint app?
Ordered August 2021, collected 28/4
iV60 Loft, v3.0 software,
Velvet red, pano roof,
basic parking and convenience pack
100kw upgraded free of charge
Podpoint home charger
NickyP

Post by NickyP »

Mine goes white then red then nothing after a few minutes. Then charges normally as per the schedule ie 00:30 - 04:30 for the cheap rates.

Have you ignored the lights and left it plugged in to see if the charger kicks in?

Do you have charge schedules set, if so do it via the pod point app and not the car.
MY22 Enyaq 60 nav suite, Race blue, 21" Betria wheels, 100kW charging, Comfort seat pack basic, Climate pack basic, Chrome pack, Driving sport package basic, Assisted drive pack basic, Parking pack basic, Panoramic roof.
DazzUK

Post by DazzUK »

I have a Pod Point and I have had problems but have found that following a routine works.
I have the charger setup to charge on a schedule and I have the key lock on the charger.
Mr routine is…..
1. Make sure Pod Point is locked with the key.
2. Plug in to Pod Point and then to the car, light flashes white.
3. Lock the car.
4. Unlock the Pod Point
5. Wait for the charger to click and communicate with the car, light goes green. This takes seconds.
6. 10 seconds later the car will click again and the light goes white waiting for the scheduled time.

This all also relies on the Pod Point being able to be connect to WiFi.
If this fails, not very often, start the process again.
iV80 Suite : Assisted Drive Package + : Light and View Package Basic : Parking Package Basic : Convenience Package Plus : Climate Package Plus : 20” Vega Wheels : 125kW charging
RichR

Post by RichR »

I've had no issues with my PodPoint - just plug the car in, and it starts charging straight away. I have not set any schedules (as I don't have off-peak).

I would test the car on a different charger to confirm if it is a charger issue or something else.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Bryanmet

Post by Bryanmet »

I have a PodPoint Solo (tethered) and use the PP app to schedule charge over night. When I plug the charger in the light on the car will often turn red when I lock the car. I ignore this a put the key aside and the light will go out shortly. Charging will then start as per schedule.

Using the app to schedule needs the PP to be connected to your wifi. If wifi disconnects the schedule is ignored and car will charge as soon as you connect the charger.
Private Car: Enyaq IV60 Suite - Brilliant Silver, 21” Alloys, Convenience Plus, Parking Basic, Climate Basic, Tow Bar, 100Kw. Ordered 21/07/21 - Delivered 22/11/21.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Same here - mine’s a tethered PodPoint and I simply plug in, and let it kick in to start charging after 00:30.

I’m not yet on a cheaper night rate, but I’ve been charging this way for several months now, to get myself used to charging in this manner. Plus I believe it’s also better for the network anyway to charge off peak if possible, irrespective of having cheaper night rates or not.

I have noticed that the Skoda app often fails to acknowledge that my Enyaq is charging but a quick check on my smart meter (after 00:30) gives me reassurance that charging has kicked in, even if the Skoda app doesn’t show this (because the smart meter shows a 7kW current draw).

3703647E-4B48-4660-9EA4-BEDDF44E5853.jpeg

iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
orrery

Post by orrery »

Make sure that you have no schedule or 'location' (?) set on the car.
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post