Climate Control Overrun

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
rgbgr

Post by rgbgr »

Does anybody know if there is a setting for the length of time that the climate control runs for after turning off the ignition? Or is it based on something else like seat occupancy? As far as I can tell it seems to run until I've got out and pretty much locked the car which seems a bit wasteful.

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Mine stops as soon as I get out of the car - much to the annoyance of my passengers, who complain they’re either too hot / too cold depending on what time of year it is! I keep forgetting to press this button for them, when I get out and charge (for example).

My kids are teenagers by the way, so more than capable of getting out the car or pressing ‘A/C Now’ by themselves ;-)

1BEB718A-9046-4BDE-8FD8-78CC169CD8FE.jpeg

Last edited by Goaty on Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
rgbgr

Post by rgbgr »

I think you're right - I tried it last night again and it seems to be linked to the driver's seat being occupied or not.
Erakettu

Post by Erakettu »

AC will shut down after 30minutes if driver seat is not occupied. To trick the car, put weight and buckle up. See details viewtopic.php?p=13093#p13093
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Erakettu wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:17 pm AC will shut down after 30minutes if driver seat is not occupied. To trick the car, put weight and buckle up. See details viewtopic.php?p=13093#p13093

.. or just press the ‘A/C Now’ button like in the photo above. I’ve set it as a quick-access favourite (but still forget to press it if I want to leave the climate control running!)
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

As above You can click the option to keep when it says goodbye the one with interior monitoring and others on right hand side of screen (air con now) or something whilst out of car but from experience after about 10 mins it then drops to just cool ish air even if sat in charging with ignition off and will only go properly cold again when you press the brake pedal .

Also noticed if I stop again after a few mins of driving it still seems to automatically set to the a/c now
Erakettu

Post by Erakettu »

Goaty wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:52 pm .. or just press the ‘A/C Now’ button like in the photo above. I’ve set it as a quick-access favourite (but still forget to press it if I want to leave the climate control running!)
Sure, but that doesn't answer the original question of the topic. Pressing the button will extend AC runtime for 30minutes, therefore it is not controllable.

Would you leave your dog in the car for 1hour shopping trip with just 30min AC with these heatwaves in the UK?
IanJ

Post by IanJ »

Erakettu wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:52 am
Goaty wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:52 pm .. or just press the ‘A/C Now’ button like in the photo above. I’ve set it as a quick-access favourite (but still forget to press it if I want to leave the climate control running!)
Sure, but that doesn't answer the original question of the topic. Pressing the button will extend AC runtime for 30minutes, therefore it is not controllable.

Would you leave your dog in the car for 1hour shopping trip with just 30min AC with these heatwaves in the UK?
To be honest even if it could run indefinitely I'm not sure that I would leave a dog for two reasons. Firstly could I be 100% certain that the tech wouldn't fail? And secondly, anyone passing by wouldn't know that the car is air-conditioned and would assume that the dog is in danger - cue call to the police and a set of broken windows to 'rescue' the dog!
iV 80 Suite, Arctic Silver plus various packages. ME 3.1
Ordered late Oct 21 for delivery June 2022. Scheduled production now Week 29 (was previously late September). In transit 25 July 22. Delivered as ordered 17 August 22.
Lorttrol

Post by Lorttrol »

Apparently there will be a dog mode coming along with a camping mode in a future software update. Presumably this will be simialr to Teslas dog mode where it puts a sign up on the main screen to tell anyone looking in at the dog that the temperature is fine as the AC is running.
Ordered 8th Jan 22 - 80, Energy Blue, Loft, Light and View +, Convenience +, Drive Pack +, Comfort seat basic, Climate Package basic, Drive Sport Basic and HUD. Delivery 41 weeks to the day!
Previous: Tarraco, 1st Edition Plus 2.0 TDI 7 speed DSG 4WD
HairyCowMan

Post by HairyCowMan »

Erakettu wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:52 am

Sorry, but I wouldn’t leave mine in any car for 5 minutes in any temperature not just the high ones we’ve been having recently
80 Suite ordered 8/1/22
Collected 2/2/23
Arctic Silver
19" Regulus
Climate Plus
Drive Sport Basic
Assisted Drive Basic
Family Basic
Zappi charger & Solar

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views