Syncing with phone

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Richard Head

Post by Richard Head »

I’m having a problem playing music from my iPhone. The phone contacts are recognised in the infotainment and I can make calls so it is ‘connected’. But in My Media on the infotainment screen, none of my music playlists are there - all I get is a message saying ‘sorry, no files found’. I can play my Spotify library ok through bluetooth using my phone to select the music but obviously this is dangerous when on the move not to mention illegal. I had no problems syncing my music libraries with our previous Outlander PHEV nor my current Tesla’s infotainment systems. Can anyone help?
Enyak iv4 Eco-suite. Brilliant Silver.
Registered Sept 2022.
Packs: Assisted Drive; Climate; Comfort; Convenience; Family; Parking.

ricky10

Post by ricky10 »

You connect the phone with CarPlay or android auto and laid up the app which you want to play the music through.

Outlander and Tesla don’t have CarPlay and Android Auto so I can only assume you connect to the Bluetooth as an output source.
IanEV

Post by IanEV »

Have you set the iPhone and the car up to use CarPlay? If you have you will get the car screen looking like a giant iPhone.

You sound like you might have only connected the phone up via Bluetooth
Ordered August 2021, collected 28/4
iV60 Loft, v3.0 software,
Velvet red, pano roof,
basic parking and convenience pack
100kw upgraded free of charge
Podpoint home charger
Richard Head

Post by Richard Head »

Well I’m going round in circles here. As far as my phone is concerned CarPlay is on and all seems hunky dory and the phone tells me that ‘when your phone is nearby and you start your car CarPlay will start automatically. Err no it doesn’t. Well not as far as the car is concerned. The infotainment doesn’t automatically recognise my phone, well not the media side anyway.
Registered Sept 2022.
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

Even when my phone is in my pocket CarPlay can take a while to connect and if you try to click it In infotainment when showing white it seems to to fail or take a very long time . However if I move my phone to centre console it will connect automatically majority of the time quite quickly.

I’ve had all sorts of issues connecting via cable unsure if un official apple leads are the issue and result in having to unplug and do a reset on infotainment
ricky10

Post by ricky10 »

Richard Head wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:04 pm Well I’m going round in circles here. As far as my phone is concerned CarPlay is on and all seems hunky dory and the phone tells me that ‘when your phone is nearby and you start your car CarPlay will start automatically. Err no it doesn’t. Well not as far as the car is concerned. The infotainment doesn’t automatically recognise my phone, well not the media side anyway.
What exactly happens when your phone connects to the car?

1) are you sure you are in AppleCar play
2) to make sure you are in AppleCar play - go to settings and click on car play or smart link and make sure your phone is paired and the cars centre screen is mirroring your phones screen
3) when you say media side of things, what app you trying to use to play songs?

I don’t have wireless charging on my car so I connect via cable. The phone is recognised instantly.

With Bluetooth/wireless CarPlay it can take a little while.
kustardffc

Post by kustardffc »

I had this issue in the first few days. I had to keep going into the main settings and for my phone there were a few icons showing up to the right (i forget what they all were), one was for carplay that was greyed out. pressed that and carplay started. had to do that again a day later as it didn't connect again but after that its gone into carplay with no issues since. If I get some time later I'll take another look and check it out.
80 Sportline, Race Blue, Sun Roof, Family pack, Assisted Drive Basic, Climate Package Plus. Ordered 18th Dec 21. Accepted June 22, Build week 7, received 8 April 23. Love it!
IanEV

Post by IanEV »

416BDCB2-E9EC-4994-9163-625BAC651F8F.jpeg

Just to add if you are connected via CarPlay the screen looks like this. Anything else and you only have Bluetooth connected. Not all cars have wireless CarPlay as standard you may need a cable as suggested above to get it working. From experience with wired CarPlay in our Octavia only genuine Apple cables work.
Ordered August 2021, collected 28/4
iV60 Loft, v3.0 software,
Velvet red, pano roof,
basic parking and convenience pack
100kw upgraded free of charge
Podpoint home charger
Richard Head

Post by Richard Head »

Thanks for the replies 👍. The good news is it’s now connected (IDK why it suddenly decided to, I didn’t knowingly do anything different). But……upon exit/re-entry to the vehicle it doesn’t automatically reconnect so presently I am having to go through the rigmarole of manually setting it up before setting off 😤
Registered Sept 2022.
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

It can still sometimes take a while to connect especially for me when bad signal for some strange reason

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post