VRs range

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

/\ Absolutely, but I took the question to mean if ACC is taking care of all the speed and distance regulating duties; the system will coast / accelerate / brake as required by the ACC system (Adaptive Cruise Control) irrespective of D or B mode selection; I don’t think ACC behaves any differently in either mode.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).

Vrsjones

Post by Vrsjones »

So I noticed tonight that it was coasting in D quite nicely then when I approached I junction the regen turned on with the paddles set to auto. Quite an amazing set up really isn’t it and very very clever. I need to have a good play around with it. I still haven’t had a good play with it In sports mode yet and unleashed those 300 ponies. 😂 not that I want to lol. Bought the VRs more for the looks. I know stupid.
Skoda Enyaq IV Vrs with all the bits and bobs that come with the Vrs
ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

Vrsjones wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:17 pm So I noticed tonight that it was coasting in D quite nicely then when I approached I junction the regen turned on with the paddles set to auto. Quite an amazing set up really isn’t it and very very clever. I need to have a good play around with it. I still haven’t had a good play with it In sports mode yet and unleashed those 300 ponies. 😂 not that I want to lol. Bought the VRs more for the looks. I know stupid.
Yes very clever, the ACC is actually pACC with the p standing for predictive. It knows when you're approaching a junction, roundabout, tight corner etc and brakes (regens) accordingly. It's one of the features I really like and very useful when driving on roads you're not familiar with.
Ordered iv80 09-12-21 MY22 - Delivered 11-08-22
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi
HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

My take is that B mode might be more useful in heavy stop/start traffic
60 Loft Graphite Grey ordered late Nov 2021, delivered late June 2022. UK based
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
chrome, transport, sport drive basic, assisted drive basic, parking basic, light and view basic. ME3.0.0 (from factory)
Vrsjones

Post by Vrsjones »

ChangoMutney wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:49 pm
Vrsjones wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:17 pm So I noticed tonight that it was coasting in D quite nicely then when I approached I junction the regen turned on with the paddles set to auto. Quite an amazing set up really isn’t it and very very clever. I need to have a good play around with it. I still haven’t had a good play with it In sports mode yet and unleashed those 300 ponies. 😂 not that I want to lol. Bought the VRs more for the looks. I know stupid.
Yes very clever, the ACC is actually pACC with the p standing for predictive. It knows when you're approaching a junction, roundabout, tight corner etc and brakes (regens) accordingly. It's one of the features I really like and very useful when driving on roads you're not familiar with.
The only thing I did find with Pacc was I approached a T junction tonight and it approached very hot. I had to intervene. I was in D mode with Pacc on. My god my head is battered with it. Lol 😂
Skoda Enyaq IV Vrs with all the bits and bobs that come with the Vrs
HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

Yep, I find I have to always be ready to intervene in case it gets it wrong.
Sometimes it thinks the speed limit on Motorway junction roundabouts is 70...
60 Loft Graphite Grey ordered late Nov 2021, delivered late June 2022. UK based
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
chrome, transport, sport drive basic, assisted drive basic, parking basic, light and view basic. ME3.0.0 (from factory)
ricky10

Post by ricky10 »

pACC can be annoying as it regen brakes hard at junctions.

Most of the time it is ok.

However I found out from driving on winding mountain roads that the ACC has “speed limit” information on each bend in the road. So if you have engaged the ACC, the car will slow on approach of each bend. Needless to say, it was not efficient driving, whilst ultra safe, it was not efficient nor was fun!

When it comes to regen braking on approach to junctions, I prefer to disable the auto mode and put the regen to L1 and coast then gauge further regen as necessary whilst trying to maintain momentum
snalbansed

Post by snalbansed »

HarryHuk wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:02 pm My take is that B mode might be more useful in heavy stop/start traffic
Only if you aren't using ACC (if you have it) - leave it in D, let the car do the stop-starting without touching the pedals at all!

Problem I find with it though is it will accelerate at the same speed as the car in front, so if they like to accelerate hard and brake hard you end up doing the same!
Sportline, Artic Silver, parking+, infotainment+, convenience+, family basic, assisted drive+, climate+, towbar
Ordered 20th December 2021, mine 21st March 2023
Charger: Zappi
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

Vrs yesterday. 50 miles up the A1 early pm, 4 adults but no luggage, car has heat pump, 3.3m/kWh. Driving at speed limit in D using ACC whenever possible.
Return trip in evening 2.9m/kWh. Much colder and rain all way. Daughter also apparently had heated rear seat on all way back.
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
MikeJL

Post by MikeJL »

Also, when using the brake pedal in either mode the car will use regen first to slow the car down, only using the mechanical brakes when regen has maxed out. You don’t need B mode or the paddles to get regen braking.
28/8/21 Ordered IV60 Lounge, Quartz Grey Metallic. Delivery quoted 6 months!
25/6/22 Collected car!
Software : ME3.0

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post