VRs range

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Vrsjones

Post by Vrsjones »

So out of interest I want to see if people are noticing a huge range difference between a normal Enyaq and the VRs. I’m also interested to see what other VRs owners are getting from theirs. I charged mine last night and did a 100% charge as I’m Going to do a long journey tonight. Range sitting at 256 miles. Do any of you think the miles tick down quite a bit driving round the doors?
Skoda Enyaq IV Vrs with all the bits and bobs that come with the Vrs

Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

Just done 9 mile return and it said average of 2.6m/kwh and dropped from 80% to 76%.
However on journey home after collecting 250 miles it averaged 3.6m/kWh. Driven gently for first 90 miles, about 10pm below speed limit on A road dual c’way generally, then remaining 160m on mainly m’way at 70 mph.
At 100% charge gives a gently driven long trip range of 277?
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
Vrsjones

Post by Vrsjones »

Would the other Enyaqs be getting a much better M/kw?

I generally go steady away in mine. I think the highest I’ve seen in mine is 3.7.

I’ve not seen a charge higher than 270
Skoda Enyaq IV Vrs with all the bits and bobs that come with the Vrs
ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

We drove down to London at the weekend from the Midlands using the M1. 180 mile round trip split over 2 days. average temp about 13.5C with 4.1 miles/kWh over the whole journey. Seem like the VRs is a little less efficient, but we don't drive fast. I guess the point of owning the VRs over the regular Enyaq is it's more sporty and therefore on average will be driven less efficiently. Having said that, there are many variables and it's almost impossible to compare two different journeys and make any comparisons of efficiency.
Ordered iv80 09-12-21 MY22 - Delivered 11-08-22
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi
ricky10

Post by ricky10 »

4m/kWh+ is very easy in the current temperature. Often on short commutes, we get 5m/kWh.

Motorway driving for 240miles we don’t, that’s 3.7 average. But for majority we managed over 4m/kWh. And then we hit the mountains…
Stripy

Post by Stripy »

ricky10 wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:35 pm 4m/kWh+ is very easy in the current temperature. Often on short commutes, we get 5m/kWh.

Motorway driving for 240miles we don’t, that’s 3.7 average. But for majority we managed over 4m/kWh. And then we hit the mountains…
Do you use preheating for every single trip?
I’m struggling to get over 3.4 even with a lot of “grandad-driving”, slow acceleration, keeping foot of the accelerator and rolling up to junctions and downhill, I just don’t understand how this both 4 and 5 Mike’s/kWh is even possible, unless they’ve been made into Flintstone cars…
ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

4.5-4.6 is our summer average. We have had 5+ but that's usually a trip that has more downhill than up. The round trip leg would normally drop it back down again. 65 max on motorways, 55-60 max otherwise. Heatpump. 19" wheels. Not a hilly area. Longer steady journeys generally return higher efficiency than short ones, particularly when it's cold. Mostly driving in D mode, but don't think that gives a huge benefit, just driving preference really. That's it for me. Not sure we're doing anything else. Temperature seems to make the biggest difference for us. Even 3 or 4 degrees will have a noticeable effect on efficiency. The car has so much range we don't think about it anymore. We haven't done any long multi day trips though, so I imagine that might cause some anxiety with the current public charger network.
Ordered iv80 09-12-21 MY22 - Delivered 11-08-22
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi
Lorttrol

Post by Lorttrol »

So I dont have a VRS just an normal Enyaq 80. Current range predictions is 270 on 100% charge.

When I leave home and head down the A12 due to the road works and hills I loose a few % battery but actually gain several miles of range. I have seen the first part of this journey averaging 4.8 m/kwh several times. Okay the 40mph roadworks limit helps improve the miles per kilowatt.

The difference between 5 degrees outside and 13 degress seems to make a huge difference more than anything else I have noticed. Over the last 9k miles I have averaged 3.2 -3.5 m/kwh. Only had the car since November 22 so no idea how it will perform in the summer but I'd lay money the claimed 339 miles is acheivable. I find the shorter journies are less efficient as they tend to be more stop start. If you look at the green bar when you're at 70mph on the motorway and crusing along its a very short bar, compared to when you're accelerating to pull away from a junction where you have a very big green bar i.e using lots of power.

When I first got the car I was trying so hard to drive economicaly as possible but it really is not worth it in my opinion. I think the more you focus on it the worse your eco driving becomes. Treat it like a normal car and let it do its thing, pay attention to the lift off signs in the display to let it coast and use the regen paddles if you have them. It takes a bit of practice but you can gain a mile of range on a slip road when slowing down. The difference between 60 and 70 mph is bugger all in terms of battery usage from my experience. The heater does cost a bit especially if you ramp it up to 30 degrees, knocks a massive 80 miles off my range. I drive in D all the time and never in B, I use regen most of the time as well as foot breaking when needed. I never put it into Eco mode either. I do have several assistance packs so I dont know if that makes a difference, as when I am going downhill in a 40 zone the car will auto regen to keep me at 40 even if the cruise control is not active.

While in Scotland over Christmas I was heading to the north coast, it was -1 outside and snowing but my range kept jumping higher and higher even though the battery % was getting lower and lower. Without the regen I honestly dont think I would have made the ferry terminal in time. I must have gained over 45 miles of range from the regen in that leg of the trip. I am making the same trip this summer so it will be interesting to see how it copes with the 718 mile journey in comparrison to the winter trip.

I am running software 3.2 from the factory, not sure how much of a difference that makes. I am going to pop into my dealer tomorrow as I know they have a VRS in stock to see if I can have a test drive to see what its all about. If i remember I'll reset the trip counter and see what the result is and then do the same route in my Enyaq and see what it says.
Ordered 8th Jan 22 - 80, Energy Blue, Loft, Light and View +, Convenience +, Drive Pack +, Comfort seat basic, Climate Package basic, Drive Sport Basic and HUD. Delivery 41 weeks to the day!
Previous: Tarraco, 1st Edition Plus 2.0 TDI 7 speed DSG 4WD
ricky10

Post by ricky10 »

Stripy wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:53 pm
ricky10 wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:35 pm 4m/kWh+ is very easy in the current temperature. Often on short commutes, we get 5m/kWh.

Do you use preheating for every single trip?
I’m struggling to get over 3.4 even with a lot of “grandad-driving”, slow acceleration, keeping foot of the accelerator and rolling up to junctions and downhill, I just don’t understand how this both 4 and 5 Mike’s/kWh is even possible, unless they’ve been made into Flintstone cars…
There is no pre-condition of battery function in the Enyaq. Plus under the current climat conditions you don’t need pre-conditioning of battery in any case. Preconditioning of battery using cars HV battery or LV battery only cost you more juice. You only do it if your car is connected to AC or DC and with such function available in cars such as Tesla.

You get that figure just by normal driving in all honesty. Was getting 3m/kwh in those winter months but now we seeing double digit temps car is happy with 4+.
HairyCowMan

Post by HairyCowMan »

I also have a normal 80 & not a VRs. I got mine at the beginning of February & have covered just under 1100 miles since then, mainly short journeys. The long term average is showing as 3.4 m/KWh. I charged the car last week & the figure for “since last charge” is 4.1. This has to be because of the warmer temperatures as I haven’t done any different journeys in the last week. As an aside on one day last week when it was sunny I pulled up at home at around 10 am with the GOM showing 280 miles range. When I got back in the car at around 6pm to go out again the GOM had gone up to 285 after being in the sun all day. Perhaps Skoda should use Toyota’s line about the car being self charging 😁
80 Suite ordered 8/1/22
Collected 2/2/23
Arctic Silver
19" Regulus
Climate Plus
Drive Sport Basic
Assisted Drive Basic
Family Basic
Zappi charger & Solar

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views