Charging cable cover

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

One of the options is a cover for charging port when plugged in. Not that expensive but is it a good idea, needed at all?
Grey vrs coupe with 20โ€ wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display

Pict

Post by Pict »

Never had one and never felt the need. Even in heavy(ish) snow conditions I just brush the snow away before unplugging using the same brush for clearing the roof etc
60 Lounge, Quartz Grey, 100 kW charging, Tow bar, Sunroof, Comfort Basic, Family Basic, Climate Plus, Convenience Basic, Drive Sport Basic, Assisted Drive Basic, Parking Basic

Mrs PIct has MG ZS EV, so a fully electric household
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Pointless money making from Skoda.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

Iโ€™m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Might work for a well know charging company ๐Ÿ˜‰

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about ๐Ÿ˜‚
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

Any pictures? , I have a little cover for bottom connection when using AC only and when using rapid charge I have to unplug it . Iโ€™m assuming both types of connections would be water tight . Not seen any issues so far apart from a little dent in the car where someone has obviously walked into the open flap which has then made contact with the body work
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

All have the DC connector cover Skoda offered an "insert" cover for when you AC cable was plugged in it was pointless.

Screenshot_20230411-184950.png

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about ๐Ÿ˜‚
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

That cover looks more hassle than itโ€™s worth
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

Yup god know why it was an optional accessory

Powerstar

Post by Powerstar »

I use one of these covers and it just keeps the area dry and mainly useful for keeping snow off the area.
Is it essential? Definitely not.
Is it a nice to have? Yes in my opinion.
Is it worth the money? Juryโ€™s out!
RichR

Post by RichR »

This has been discussed before - it's meant for keeping snow out that could freeze and prevent you removing the plug. The socket is fully waterproof and dust proof on its own, and there's a drain hose from the bottom of the charge port area (see my post on replacing the charge port plastics for photos :) )

In the UK there's probably very few people who would get any benefit from the optional cover.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post