Search results - girls vs boys

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Ric

Post by Ric »

I've noticed that when you ask 'the assistant' to do something ('play Radio 3'), if it finds it, a female voice says 'got it'. If the command cannot be done, it's a male voice which says 'sorry I couldn't do that'. Now, I know that females are the smarter sex, but why is it the boys who are always made to apologise for being incompetent?

Ric

PS I'm not sure I want to know the answer ….

Vrsjones

Post by Vrsjones »

Funny :D :D :D
Skoda Enyaq IV Vrs with all the bits and bobs that come with the Vrs
HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

I've never heard the male voice.
60 Loft Graphite Grey ordered late Nov 2021, delivered late June 2022. UK based
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
chrome, transport, sport drive basic, assisted drive basic, parking basic, light and view basic. ME3.0.0 (from factory)
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

HarryHuk wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:01 pm I've never heard the male voice.

Me neither but I gave up using ‘Laura” soon after realising it was useless, at least in my experience (rarely understands me).

However, I have heard the voice change midway through a set of direction information from one type of female voice, to another, and then back again - as if it suddenly picks a different ‘sample set’. That’s happened a few times but I can’t remember if that’s within Waze, or the Enyaq’s own system.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

Unfortunately, Laura is a little limited. I once wanted to go to The Settlement in Letchworth (a community theatre) and she happily set a course to Settle in N. Yorkshire.

Google's assistant can be a bit passive aggressive:

"Do you want to reply?"
"No"
"Alright, then..." (huffs)
60 Loft Graphite Grey ordered late Nov 2021, delivered late June 2022. UK based
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
chrome, transport, sport drive basic, assisted drive basic, parking basic, light and view basic. ME3.0.0 (from factory)
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

/\ And Siri says “that’s NOT nice” when you swear at him for completely misunderstanding what you wanted him to do 😂. Or at least, he used to; he’s another ‘assistant’ I can’t be bothered with anymore. And while we’re on this topic, why does Alexa sound so depressed all the time? I wonder if it’s a ‘Marvin’ ‘Brain the size of a planet’ thing?🤣
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).