PowerPass map from the Shop....

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

Mine took about 3-4 minutes to activate. It creates a new thumbnail on the infotainment screen and is a stand alone app as an alternative to the navigation app. I had expected that it would add functionality to the existing navigation app, but that is not the case. Having played with it for a few minutes it actually seems pretty good, but I'm not a public charger person (never used one), so those who use other apps might not agree. It has no function other than to find a charger, unlike the inbuilt sat nav which can be used to find a charger or navigate anywhere. I imagine that somewhere down the line the goal would be to introduce that minor functionality enhancement into the inbuilt satnav but that will probably never happen. It's a nice to have, but I'm not sure it's going to change much even for those who use public chargers all the time as the inbuilt satnav already does most of this.

Edit: it seems to start up much more quickly if your phone is in the car and connected. Perhaps it uses the cars in built GSM connection otherwise. Also, having selected a charger from within the power pass map app, it then gets you there with the car's inbuilt satnav. So it really is just to find a charger, check it's availability/review and that's it. The 'review' is the only bit of functionality that's new.
Last edited by ChangoMutney on Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ordered iv80 09-12-21 MY22 - Delivered 11-08-22
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi

rpjwhite

Post by rpjwhite »

rpjwhite wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:05 am Installed it the other day but when I go to use it it says location service not on (or similar) but then won’t let you go into setting to fix it

Any suggestions?
Fixed a second bootup seemed to resolve things.
IanJ

Post by IanJ »

There’s now a Skoda Storyboard here with a little more detail, such as future features…. https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/pre ... ecosystem/
iV 80 Suite, Arctic Silver plus various packages. ME 3.1
Ordered late Oct 21 for delivery June 2022. Scheduled production now Week 29 (was previously late September). In transit 25 July 22. Delivered as ordered 17 August 22.
comment23

Post by comment23 »

Still got the same screen after several hours and a few reboots. Did it take this long for anyone else?

IMG_5223.jpeg

Electric since December 2022
HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

Thanks for posting about this. Just ordered it from the MySkoda App.

Once I got the service activation email, I went out to the car, deactivated the Wi-Fi hotspot, connected the car to the house Wi-Fi, and installed from the car's shop widget.
Once it was installed, (a couple of minutes, whether it actually used the house Wi-Fi or its own mobile data I don't know), I opened it, allowed it location access and all was working.
Pretty seamless for me.

(I had the phone with me in the car, but I don't know whether it needed that, as I was logged in in the car.)
60 Loft Graphite Grey ordered late Nov 2021, delivered late June 2022. UK based
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
chrome, transport, sport drive basic, assisted drive basic, parking basic, light and view basic. ME3.0.0 (from factory)
comment23

Post by comment23 »

Maybe I need to try the house wifi.
Electric since December 2022
snalbansed

Post by snalbansed »

Hmmm. Mine was "please wait" last night. This evening it was "ready for installation". So I told it to install, and when I left the car it was still installing...
Sportline, Artic Silver, parking+, infotainment+, convenience+, family basic, assisted drive+, climate+, towbar
Ordered 20th December 2021, mine 21st March 2023
Charger: Zappi
snalbansed

Post by snalbansed »

All installed now. Seems ok - doesn't tell you for her PowerPass chargers whether they need the card or if you can use the app, which the app does tell you.
Sportline, Artic Silver, parking+, infotainment+, convenience+, family basic, assisted drive+, climate+, towbar
Ordered 20th December 2021, mine 21st March 2023
Charger: Zappi
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

Does it show live information on whether charger is available or in use like on the phone app ?
HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

C2atb wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:14 pm Does it show live information on whether charger is available or in use like on the phone app ?
Yep.
60 Loft Graphite Grey ordered late Nov 2021, delivered late June 2022. UK based
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
chrome, transport, sport drive basic, assisted drive basic, parking basic, light and view basic. ME3.0.0 (from factory)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post