Intelligent Octopus and Price guarantee

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
ComicGeek

Post by ComicGeek »

All home usage during the 6 hr off peak IO period is charged at the off peak rate - I run the dishwasher every night, charge the house battery and charge the cars at the same time.

Occasionally I'll need a longer EV charging period to get to my target charge level. I get notified of this once I plug the EV in, and all home usage during these additional periods are also charged at the off peak rate.

My average unit price was 9.36p/kWh for May as I have been able to move so much to off peak due to the home battery.

Bacon

Post by Bacon »

snalbansed wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:31 pm How do you know? Is it just by the charging plan proposed in the app?

Is all usage in that extended time at 7.5p - they aren't working out what the car is using (the way OVO do it)?
Yeah all electricity is reduced to the cheaper rate between 2300-0530.

With the intelligent charging it can extend those times for the car only. So if I finish my nightshift at 0700 and plug it in before 1100 then it will charge at the cheaper rate. It tells you on the app if it’s charging under the smart plan. Unless you ‘bump charge’ to manually override the system you know it will only charge when it’s cheap!

Great tariff. We’ve saved loads by switching our washing machine / dishwasher on timers for the cheaper period.
Pict

Post by Pict »

Bacon wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:18 am
snalbansed wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:31 pm How do you know? Is it just by the charging plan proposed in the app?

Is all usage in that extended time at 7.5p - they aren't working out what the car is using (the way OVO do it)?
With the intelligent charging it can extend those times for the car only.
Whenever the car is being charged by intelligent then all household use is at the cheaper rate.

Octopus have no way of knowing where any electrons coming into my house are going so they can not restrict it to just car charging.

Off peak standard hours or bonus periods all are at cheap rate for everything
60 Lounge, Quartz Grey, 100 kW charging, Tow bar, Sunroof, Comfort Basic, Family Basic, Climate Plus, Convenience Basic, Drive Sport Basic, Assisted Drive Basic, Parking Basic

Mrs PIct has MG ZS EV, so a fully electric household
snalbansed

Post by snalbansed »

Pict wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:04 am

Octopus have no way of knowing where any electrons coming into my house are going so they can not restrict it to just car charging.

Off peak standard hours or bonus periods all are at cheap rate for everything
Which is why it's better than OVO if you can shift your non-car usage as they retrospectively refund the difference to get the cheap charging rates based on kWh delivered to the car (as I understand it).
Sportline, Artic Silver, parking+, infotainment+, convenience+, family basic, assisted drive+, climate+, towbar
Ordered 20th December 2021, mine 21st March 2023
Charger: Zappi
snalbansed

Post by snalbansed »

Bacon wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 8:18 am Yeah all electricity is reduced to the cheaper rate between 2300-0530.
2330-0530 - typo in the start time!

I'm on this tariff, but still waiting for my first bill. I assume that's when you get to see what you've used on each rate?
Sportline, Artic Silver, parking+, infotainment+, convenience+, family basic, assisted drive+, climate+, towbar
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

Try the octo aid app. It track your charging costs for each half hour and even suggests which extra half hours you may have had added in normally peak cost times
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
snalbansed

Post by snalbansed »

Looks like that's iOS only. Anyone recommend an Android equivalent?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post