MySkoda app: adding 2nd user guest

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
JD03

Post by JD03 »

Just took receipt of iV80 Sportline today, set up the primary user linked to my phone.

Have installed the app on my wife's phone and went through the process of adding the car/her (VIN enter, login with new/her email, etc) and got to where it asks to scan a QR code. I went as instructed to the Users and added as a Guest (not primary as I am this). That worked on the app and on the Infotainment, and so she is now a user on the car but when the app returned to the home screen there is no car listed and it just gives the option to add a car (repeat the process) or log off.

Have retried a few times, to no avail. Can you really only have 1 (primary) user login details to be able to adjust settings via the app, and if so how do you select different profiles? Does the app let more than one phone be logged in?

Thanks in advance.

snalbansed

Post by snalbansed »

I've not tried, but this has come up several times and so far the answer has always been to use the same username and password on both phones.

Sucks, but not the end of the world.
Sportline, Artic Silver, parking+, infotainment+, convenience+, family basic, assisted drive+, climate+, towbar
Ordered 20th December 2021, mine 21st March 2023
Charger: Zappi
Walter Eagle

Post by Walter Eagle »

@JD03 - Tried exactly as you did and, more importantly, as per instructions in app, manual, online etc. Consistently fails. Exactly as yours does.

It IS possible to have two 'profiles' established in the vehicle, so that two drivers with their own keyfobs can be recognised and issues such as automatic seat positioning (if fitted) do follow the profile of the driver. However these profiles appear to have nothing to do with two users having their own identities in MySkoda or Skoda Connect and sharing the same VIN. You set these profiles up on the infotainment screen, not on your mobile device.

Only resolution to your problem is for both drivers/users to use the same email address and password to login to the app on their own phones. My wife and I ended up creating a new gmail account specifically for this purpose. There is certainly no problem in having two logins active on two different devices simultaneously. My fear was that the app would trip up on this issue as well, but so far, so good.

Good luck. As @Snalsbansed said "Sucks, but not the end of the world." I'd agree but you'll find (in my opinion) the Skoda software environment has lots of little 'sucks, but nteotw' issues. Don't allow them to get to you, as I do, much to my own fury.
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

JD03 wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:14 pm Just took receipt of iV80 Sportline today, set up the primary user linked to my phone.

Have installed the app on my wife's phone and went through the process of adding the car/her (VIN enter, login with new/her email, etc) and got to where it asks to scan a QR code. I went as instructed to the Users and added as a Guest (not primary as I am this). That worked on the app and on the Infotainment, and so she is now a user on the car but when the app returned to the home screen there is no car listed and it just gives the option to add a car (repeat the process) or log off.

Have retried a few times, to no avail. Can you really only have 1 (primary) user login details to be able to adjust settings via the app, and if so how do you select different profiles? Does the app let more than one phone be logged in?

Thanks in advance.
Unsure how it differentiates between users on entry on 3.0 and above as doesn’t give the option but

When I updated to 3.0 the dealership technician tried 3 times to add a user via app , website and infotainment. It kept failing over and over again . After a separate mini update that popped up whilst doing it , tried again and failed . After 40 mins tried deleting and re adding but wouldn’t accept vin info . Did another reset and added ok . I sometimes loose favourites etc and wonder if I actually have 2 profiles with same name but when I go to settings and profile selection I can only see one . Unsure if it’s because it’s the same name .
KevinB

Post by KevinB »

We have resolved this short coming in the logic of the App by having a family account which is the Primary user in the car and the apps on our phones log in using this family account so that we can both control remote services. We then have individual 'Guest Accounts' set up with our own personal email addresses for our profiles.
Enyaq Coupe iV VRs - 82KWh - 299PS - 4x4 - Pheonix Orange Metallic - 21" Vision Anthracite Wheels
xioxyx

Post by xioxyx »

Anticipating similar issues when mine arrives - what are the separate accounts actually for?
Susans Dad

Post by Susans Dad »

How do you activate the Guest Account please? I have tried tapping the logo but cannot find how to add a name etc, maybe I'm missing it as I am also trying to add my Wife, or I just get divorced :D :D Thanks in advance.
Ordered 21 July 2021 - Enyaq iv 80 , Artic Silver, 21 Betria wheels, Light & view pack +, Infotainment pack +, Assisted drive pack +, Comfort seat pack +, Parking +, Climate pack +, Driving sport pack, Pan roof & now 125kW fast charge

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post