Skoda Enyaq 60 IV charging help

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

BioHzrd wrote: โ†‘Fri May 05, 2023 4:44 pm
HarryHuk wrote: โ†‘Wed May 03, 2023 9:20 pm
BioHzrd wrote: โ†‘Wed May 03, 2023 9:20 pm Book an appointment mate.

Will do, cheers
Let me know how you get on and the outcome.
As above, set preferred charge times in the car and away it went at 7kW all night last night so to me cars not happy sitting waiting for the Pod it seems.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

Iโ€™m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Might work for a well know charging company ๐Ÿ˜‰

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about ๐Ÿ˜‚

HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

I noticed the car is not always happy when a non-live cable is plugged in.

I tend not to use the PP schedule. I have one set to a random 15 minutes period per day, just in case anyone might try charging while I'm at work.
The PP app is easier now, though, and I switch it to manual mode before plugging in.
It has a key lock, but I don't like the fact that the LED flashes when it's locked.
(I don't like it flashing when the car is set to charge for departure, so I temporarily covered the LED. So I could go back to using the key lock)
60 Loft Graphite Grey ordered late Nov 2021, delivered late June 2022. UK based
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
chrome, transport, sport drive basic, assisted drive basic, parking basic, light and view basic. ME3.0.0 (from factory)
BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

HarryHuk wrote: โ†‘Tue May 09, 2023 7:32 pm I noticed the car is not always happy when a non-live cable is plugged in.

I tend not to use the PP schedule. I have one set to a random 15 minutes period per day, just in case anyone might try charging while I'm at work.
The PP app is easier now, though, and I switch it to manual mode before plugging in.
It has a key lock, but I don't like the fact that the LED flashes when it's locked.
(I don't like it flashing when the car is set to charge for departure, so I temporarily covered the LED. So I could go back to using the key lock)

Just switch it off at the RCD if you can be arsed won't do any harm :lol:

I hate how we charge customers for the lock (I always convince customer to ditch it and get a refund) wish they would just put a "lock" feature in the app.

I've asked the question about the above but no response, I do think it's a car issue over a pod issue but I could be wrong as when I started the charge in the morning to get to 100% the cable hadn't been removed since the previous evening so it's just something not right.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

Iโ€™m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Might work for a well know charging company ๐Ÿ˜‰

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about ๐Ÿ˜‚
MikeJL

Post by MikeJL »

I've had occasional slow charging when using the pp scheduler. The last time it happened I'd unlocked the car & opened the charge flap, but the car re-locked (as I hadn't opened any doors) before I plugged the cable in. When I've plugged in with the car unlocked it's worked okay.

I've just signed up to Intelligent Octopus, so now Octopus are responsible for scheduling. So far it's worked, except you get a few minutes charge (presumably at full price) until Octopus stop it and apply a schedule. Other threads on here suggest it's also dependent on Skoda servers being up so you are at risk of charging at the full daytime rate depending on when you plug in if the servers go down.
28/8/21 Ordered IV60 Lounge, Quartz Grey Metallic. Delivery quoted 6 months!
25/6/22 Collected car!
Software : ME3.0
HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

BioHzrd wrote: โ†‘Wed May 10, 2023 2:37 pm
HarryHuk wrote: โ†‘Tue May 09, 2023 7:32 pm ...

Just switch it off at the RCD if you can be arsed won't do any harm :lol:

That's a good shout. I switch off the isolator to the electric shower (45A) when I go away, so I might do this too, but only when I'm away.
60 Loft Graphite Grey ordered late Nov 2021, delivered late June 2022. UK based
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
chrome, transport, sport drive basic, assisted drive basic, parking basic, light and view basic. ME3.0.0 (from factory)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post