Charge hatch not opening AGAIN

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
james_scott22

Post by james_scott22 »

Had this in the winter, and assumed it was a frozen issue, ended up getting the AA out and it resolved typically the moment they arrived.
Has occured again this morning, and the locking mechanism you can hear usually when unlocking the car just is not engaging in the charge port when I unlock...
Any ideas? Do I try and disconnect the 12v to see if this prompts something?
Big issue otherwise as won't be getting to work on Tuesday otherwise
Enyaq 60 suite arctic silver

james_scott22

Post by james_scott22 »

AA been and gone, nothing they can do. Disconnected the 12v, which didn't help and sent the car into an error meltdown initially.
Dealership telling me they don't have a courtesy car for 3 weeks, and I'm due back at work in a hospital on Tuesday! Let's hope the leasing company have some options for a hire car...
james_scott22

Post by james_scott22 »

RIP actuator. Forced open by VW group technician and trimmed with a Stanley knife. Didn't appreciate it twists 90 degrees to hold the hatch shut, learnt something new. Wil now need to wait god knows how long for Skoda to take it in and replace the whole hatch infrastructure

PXL_20230501_085821929.jpg

HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

:cry: Damn!
It's a shame there's not a release mechanism in the boot (behind the lining) like for the cable lock
60 Loft Graphite Grey ordered late Nov 2021, delivered late June 2022. UK based
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
chrome, transport, sport drive basic, assisted drive basic, parking basic, light and view basic. ME3.0.0 (from factory)
Stripy

Post by Stripy »

Dammit, mine is stuck now too 🙄😬
ricky10

Post by ricky10 »

There is a latch inside the boot
RichR

Post by RichR »

ricky10 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 10:28 pm There is a latch inside the boot
That releases the lock on the charge plug, not the door. The door latch is purely the little rotating post shown in the photo.

I can only think that it fails to unlock due to the door dropping slightly so the post no longer lines up with the hole in the door part properly. So when it rotates that T shaped top bit, it doesn't line up with the slot (if you look at the door part you'll see what I mean). If that is the case, then it may be possible to gently lift the door part up whilst pushing in slightly to allow it to release?

I replaced the whole unit on mine after it got ripped off.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Stripy

Post by Stripy »

Went to Lookers Stockport this morning with same issue, asked if they could help.
First yes then look at it, no “we would damage it if we pry it open, and we would be liable if anything breaks”

Okay, so how are you going to open it when I come in for a repair?

“Let me see what I can do”

15 mins later, I could leave with an opened battery flap and broken solenoid, and a booking for replacement 5 weeks away with curtesy car. Result
RichR

Post by RichR »

Replacing the latch module is a 15 minute job, requiring only a T15 torx screwdriver and a small flat bladed screwdriver. Though you might mess up the black plastic unit releasing the clips to get it out. They're £53 for new one (which is the complete unit apart from the coloured flap, the lock module and LED module)

I swapped the black plastic unit on mine when the hinge got snapped off (long story, but let's just say those concrete blocks you sometimes get at chargers are easy to trip over, and no it wasn't me that did it). I did a post on the process which might be useful for you to see how it all looks inside. Have a look here: viewtopic.php?t=1259
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

Mines been a bit weird, i really need to grease it up and see if that helps.

One thing i have noticed is when it gets stuck, the easiest fix is to just press unlock on the fob again. Trying to force it closed or open doesn't work and risks causing further damage, but simply pressing unlock it has always (so far at least) made a bit of a clunk noise and released.

The other thing i've found that upsets it is flicking it shut so that the door bounces against the locking pin. It seems to sometimes half grab and get stuck, then as above shoving and pulling doesnt help. Instead keep hold of the flap and push it shut in a nice smooth motion.
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post