Charge hatch not opening AGAIN

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
RichR

Post by RichR »

That does sound like it's not properly lining up with the hole in the door. Maybe put some chalk on the door to see if the latch is hitting off centre? Not that there's much you can do to align it, as the whole black plastic bit is one unit.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.

xioxyx

Post by xioxyx »

appreciate this isn’t a helpful answer but why do we even need to lock the charge door? It’s not like someone’s going to steal your charge
snalbansed

Post by snalbansed »

Maybe when we get vehicle to load...?
Sportline, Artic Silver, parking+, infotainment+, convenience+, family basic, assisted drive+, climate+, towbar
Ordered 20th December 2021, mine 21st March 2023
Charger: Zappi
RichR

Post by RichR »

You don't really have much option - the rotating latch is the only thing that holds it shut other than spring pressure on the hinge. But I guess you could unplug the motor or remove the latch mechanism to stop it trying to lock.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
xioxyx

Post by xioxyx »

snalbansed wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:32 pm Maybe when we get vehicle to load...?
I really can’t imagine that’s going to happen without some in-car or in-app approval process
Walter Eagle

Post by Walter Eagle »

One thing i have noticed is when it gets stuck, the easiest fix is to just press unlock on the fob again.
@aragorn - Thanks for this simple idea. I've been in the habit of locking and unlocking my iV60 just using the door handles. They didn't seem to have much effect when my charging flap developed this problem yesterday. However a quick search in this forum revealed some progressively destructive ways of overcoming the issue. Yours seemed the easiest method to start with and, joy!, after a couple of fob cycles everything freed itself and seems to have stayed that way.

Now then, where's the 'fingers crossed' emoji?
RichR

Post by RichR »

On ME2x Enyaqs, the charge flap does not unlock with the doors when using the keyless handle sensors. You have to press the unlock button on the fob to unlock the charge flap. That is unless you have started the car and driven it, in which case it will unlock the flap when it unlocks the doors when you get out. So if you drive to a charger, the flap is unlocked. But if you just walk up to the parked, locked car and unlock it by pulling a door handle (assuming you have keyless entry option), then it doesn't unlock the flap and you have to get the fob out of your pocket and press the button.

On ME3.x I believe the flap locks and unlocks with the central locking no matter how you unlock the doors? Someone might need to correct me on this, as mine doesn't get upgraded to ME3.x until the end of this month.

Edit to add: You need to press the unlock button twice on the fob to unlock the charge flap on ME2.x Enyaqs if it's locked. First press unlocks the doors only, second the flap.
james_scott22

Post by james_scott22 »

For anyone interested, my car has just spent a week at Skoda having the charge port and actuator replaced. Popping open and shut beautifully now, but had to spend a week spending 3x more on petrol for my commute than my electric, in a go-kart fabia. Hopefully none of you will experience this annoyance
Enyaq 60 suite arctic silver
RichR

Post by RichR »

Wow, a week! When the hinge part on mine got broken, I ordered a new unit (about £50), and it arrived the next day. Then it took me about 15 minutes to fit it. Whilst I didn't change the lock actuator, I did have to unbolt it and transfer it to the new plastic section so it would have been the same process. Details with photos here: viewtopic.php?t=1259

My Enyaq was just in for a week for the update from ME2.6 to ME3.2 - but at least they lent me another Enyaq, even if it was lower spec than mine. :)
frankfurterbear1

Post by frankfurterbear1 »

Just arrived back at Airport after ten days in Mallorca and low and behold my charging flap is stuck. Does this come under warranty, car is year and half old. Amazing the amount of people who when reading up on this has left their enyaq a period of time at airport to return to a frozen/broken latch.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post