Charging port door

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

mine was doing the half-locked thing. If it does that, do not force it, just press unlock on the fob and it will release. Then grease up the locking pin, i've had no more sticking for over a year since regularly applying grease.

It will probably still fail at some point, it seems they all do.
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite

RichR

Post by RichR »

Ken3966 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:29 am I think the reason it locks is to keep the door shut whilst car is moving. If it wasn’t latched it could be sucked open?
Quite a lot of cars from before the 2000s (and most before the 1980s) didn't have locking filler flaps, the lock was on the filler cap itself. No issues with them coming open whilst driving - though they did tend to have stronger springs then modern cars. Perhaps we've all got weaker fingers now so manufacturers prefer to lock the flap :D
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
spinna1969

Post by spinna1969 »

RichR wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:51 am
Ken3966 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:29 am I think the reason it locks is to keep the door shut whilst car is moving. If it wasn’t latched it could be sucked open?
Quite a lot of cars from before the 2000s (and most before the 1980s) didn't have locking filler flaps, the lock was on the filler cap itself. No issues with them coming open whilst driving - though they did tend to have stronger springs then modern cars. Perhaps we've all got weaker fingers now so manufacturers prefer to lock the flap :D
I bought a weather cover for the port to be used when charging for about a tenner from Ali-Express.
Not got the car yet but intend lubricating the actuator and using the cover for the overnight charges to avoid the elements.
frankfurterbear1

Post by frankfurterbear1 »

Happened to us when we returned from summer holiday at the airport.
Aparently the number of enyaqs that seized close after ten plus days was very common during g the summer.
Also funny, that most also had their puddle lights faulty also.
Garage had a plastic fork tool that popped it open and two weeks later that and light got fixed.

This is what interests me. My skoda garage charges me for courtesy car insurance at £12 a day. My insurance is £7 a week with a handling charge of £25. Mh car goes in a week on Monday for the battery cell issue, no insurance charges free courtesy car. Is this dealership to dealership policy.?
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

I had a warranty issue with a Karoq 3 years ago. In garage for 9 days. Skoda dealer provided an insured loan car foc?
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Hi - not been on for quite a while. My Enyaq went in for a 2 year service / software upgrade etc this week and they changed the “lock solenoid” on my charge port door, after it too had been getting stuck. For the last 3 months or so, (and quite possibly after it had been sat unused on our driveway for 3 weeks while we were away), it felt as though something was grabbing the flap. I’ve always been able to open it but there was an issue which this ‘replaced solenoid’ seems to have fixed 👍
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

I previously thought the optional charging cover was a waste of money, but if one is used I guess it stops the catch being out in the weather every night during charging.

Has anyone who uses a cover needed to have the catch fixed?
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
Oweri02

Post by Oweri02 »

I have the cover on my two Enyaq, the 71 plate sportline jammed this week, took to the dealers, they snapped it open and awaiting a day for the door and actuator to be replaced. As someone else said, break it yourself and it’s your problem, if the dealer does (2 min fix) it’s theirs.

Roll on the 72 plate coupe doing the same.

So if it starts “sticking” opening after a few clicks of open, be prepared for it to break, shut, unable to charge

I hope this helps?

Richard

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post