Newbie, Enyaq 60 vs 80 , loft or sportline

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
ricky10

Post by ricky10 »

Erakettu wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 8:14 pm To be honest, with the current prices I can't recommed the enyaq as a first choice. At the moment Tesla 3 and Y offer way more bang for the buck, especially for one who is tech savvy.

That being said, I love my Enyaq and would be fine with the 60 spec. I do 400km trips couple times a month and even when the 80 can do it without stops during the summer, I still stop for coffee and to walk the dog.

For me, I spend a lot of time in the car and want it to be as comfortable and visually pleasing as possible. That's why I went for the eco-suite, hud and dcc for example. These are something I found better with skoda rather than tesla.
yeah i agree. Tesla has better car/range in the same price bracket than any other brand atm. you would go for an enyaq if you got some kind of special discount going. even the standard range Y rivals the 80iV but the app and the functionality is just endless with Tesla and the support of the super charger network means you dont actually need to worry about range during those long journeys.

if you have a particular reason for enyaq or id4 that tesla doesnt offer - then fair enough.

also tesla can deliver the car sooner than Skoda/VW atm if you need a car in a hurry.

also tesla has better finance deal although they cheat it by valuing the residual very low so you end up "borrow" more and thus making greater monthly payments but you are paying off more.

CrowSysE243

Post by CrowSysE243 »

According to the brochures I have read (technical specification charging times section) the 60 max charge rate (with option) was 100 kW and is now standard at 120 kW while the 80 max charge rate (with option) was 125 kW and is now standard at 135 kW.

For my useage I decided that the 80 battery was essential, based on experience with the wife's Kona with slightly lower WLTP spec range. This allows comfortable journeys from the south of England to Northern Ireland at any time of the year with charging during food, coffee etc breaks without having to worry if a primary charge stop does not have an available charger. It also allows any one day trip in Northern Ireland without having to recharge.

On the other hand, having had a HUD when I had a Tiguan, area view, in a Passat and the Tiguan and ACC and blindspot monitoring in a Passat, Tiguan and now in the Kona the MAXX pack options were also an essential in the order.

Hopefully I will not have to wait too many more months to find if I am happy with the decisions!
iV80 Loft, 19"Regulus, Energy Blue, Maxx Pack, Travel Pack, Heat pump. Order Jul22. BuildWk17-23. UK WE23/6. Available 30/6/23. Collected 3/7/23 Untethered PodPoint. Third Rock mode 2 charger with Tough Leads modular extension lead and adapters.
Forerunner

Post by Forerunner »

Goaty wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 8:02 pm Hi there,

My tuppence worth:

The Sportline wasn’t available when I ordered my company Enyaq 2 years ago but I had a similar dilemma. I initially ordered a maxed out iV60 with everything available at that time, with the exception of the sunroof. Matrix lights, Suite, 360 camera, max climate package, electric seats, HUD, Travel Assist Plus etc. Just about everything I think.

With the Government discount at the time, this loaded iV60 was about the same price as an iV80 Loft with far fewer options (as per my signature).

After a couple of weeks, I’d talked myself out of going for all the bells and whistles, cancelled the order and put in the order for my Loft 80.

And that was absolutely the best thing I could have done. I don’t regret this at all. The Loft interior is comfortable, well made and seems to be hard wearing, and that extra range which an 80 has over the 60 (60 miles?) does help with the odd occasion when I do a really long journey. Also, I have to do a 240 mile round trip two or three times a month; the 80 can easily achieve this with a cheap rate home charge. This wouldn’t typically be possible in a 60 without having to use a public charger along the way somewhere.

Just an additional thought though: this is a company car, as I mentioned. If I’d screwed the order up, it’s not the end of the world, as I give it back after 4 years (or can organise a swap with another colleague at any time). Definitely more consideration required if it’s your own beans going towards this thing! 👍
Thank you so much for the insight!

I don’t do long ranges most of the year maybe couple of times however as you’ve mentioned as much as I like the interior and visually appealing Sportline , that extra range is still little bit at the back of my head. That being said it’s about 2k more expensive than the Sportline.

I’ll go to the dealer today and have a test drive the loft one with iv80 and see how that goes.

Thanks again!
Forerunner

Post by Forerunner »

Erakettu wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 8:14 pm To be honest, with the current prices I can't recommed the enyaq as a first choice. At the moment Tesla 3 and Y offer way more bang for the buck, especially for one who is tech savvy.

That being said, I love my Enyaq and would be fine with the 60 spec. I do 400km trips couple times a month and even when the 80 can do it without stops during the summer, I still stop for coffee and to walk the dog.

For me, I spend a lot of time in the car and want it to be as comfortable and visually pleasing as possible. That's why I went for the eco-suite, hud and dcc for example. These are something I found better with skoda rather than tesla.
Actually I did order Tesla MY back in February and was due to be delivered in April. All was going fine until last minute Tesla had a system issue that caused a lot of frustration and I ended up cancelling the order. Great cars but company is rotten unfortunately. Dealing with them is a nightmare.

I agree Tesla is cheaper than Enyaq but like you mentioned Enyaq feels more premium and I already have Kodiaq and had 0 issues last 3 years with it. Also PCP rate of Tesla is bit more higher than Skoda. I’ll test drive today the loft line IV80 and make a decision but like you mentioned my other half says also Skoda is way more expensive.
Forerunner

Post by Forerunner »

CrowSysE243 wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 11:01 pm According to the brochures I have read (technical specification charging times section) the 60 max charge rate (with option) was 100 kW and is now standard at 120 kW while the 80 max charge rate (with option) was 125 kW and is now standard at 135 kW.

For my useage I decided that the 80 battery was essential, based on experience with the wife's Kona with slightly lower WLTP spec range. This allows comfortable journeys from the south of England to Northern Ireland at any time of the year with charging during food, coffee etc breaks without having to worry if a primary charge stop does not have an available charger. It also allows any one day trip in Northern Ireland without having to recharge.

On the other hand, having had a HUD when I had a Tiguan, area view, in a Passat and the Tiguan and ACC and blindspot monitoring in a Passat, Tiguan and now in the Kona the MAXX pack options were also an essential in the order.

Hopefully I will not have to wait too many more months to find if I am happy with the decisions!
But so far you are right?
IanEV

Post by IanEV »

Forerunner wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 5:24 am

Actually I did order Tesla MY back in February and was due to be delivered in April. All was going fine until last minute Tesla had a system issue that caused a lot of frustration and I ended up cancelling the order. Great cars but company is rotten unfortunately. Dealing with them is a nightmare.

I agree Tesla is cheaper than Enyaq but like you mentioned Enyaq feels more premium and I already have Kodiaq and had 0 issues last 3 years with it. Also PCP rate of Tesla is bit more higher than Skoda. I’ll test drive today the loft line IV80 and make a decision but like you mentioned my other half says also Skoda is way more expensive.
This is an interesting point. Although I bought my Enyaq the company I work for now offers a salary sacrifice scheme which is a tax efficient way of leasing a car. The Enyaq monthly cost is good value on the scheme. The Tesla although cheaper as a cash purchase is about 25% dearer through our company scheme
Ordered August 2021, collected 28/4
iV60 Loft, v3.0 software,
Velvet red, pano roof,
basic parking and convenience pack
100kw upgraded free of charge
Podpoint home charger
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

We looked at Tesla Y, there were cars on the way to UK we could have had in 3 weeks or so and were about to have a test drive, but the inside of car was so boring, I didn’t like everything on a large central screen and the seats were too narrow so not comfortable to sit in.
Whenever I try to do anything on a central screen I find it very difficult to drive the car safely. No such issues with a conventional dash and controls.
So found a vrs coupe instead, immediately available, comfortable and much easier to drive with head up display as well.
The Tesla does have better motor and battery technology but it is fitted to a boring box with 4 wheels which I don’t think would wear well.
Last edited by Ken3966 on Mon May 08, 2023 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
KBEE

Post by KBEE »

IanEV wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 8:43 am

This is an interesting point. Although I bought my Enyaq the company I work for now offers a salary sacrifice scheme which is a tax efficient way of leasing a car. The Enyaq monthly cost is good value on the scheme. The Tesla although cheaper as a cash purchase is about 25% dearer through our company scheme
You might find that’s down to the insurance and repair costs - I looked at the same scenario, but the Tesla Model Y (RWD only) was about £80-90 per month more just on insurance. And that’s for two mid-40s adults, full no claims, no claims to report.
Ordered 10th Feb 2022:

Enyaq iV 80 Sportline
Energy Blue
Climate Pack Plus, Convenience Pack Plus, Family Pack, Panoramic Sunroof

Delivered 26th July 2023!
IanEV

Post by IanEV »

KBEE wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 10:45 am
IanEV wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 8:43 am

You might find that’s down to the insurance and repair costs - I looked at the same scenario, but the Tesla Model Y (RWD only) was about £80-90 per month more just on insurance. And that’s for two mid-40s adults, full no claims, no claims to report.
WOW! That sounds an awful lot. I only paid £400 for the year last year with no no claims discount- although I hadn’t had any claims either.
Ordered August 2021, collected 28/4
iV60 Loft, v3.0 software,
Velvet red, pano roof,
basic parking and convenience pack
100kw upgraded free of charge
Podpoint home charger
ricky10

Post by ricky10 »

Can’t be £80-90/month more to insure a MY than Enyaq.

Enyaq 80iV is £450 for me for the full year of full comp with protected no claim

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post