Newbie, Enyaq 60 vs 80 , loft or sportline

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Forerunner

Post by Forerunner »

Hi Guys,

I’ve done loads of research and watched reviews etc and made my decision to get Enyaq over my ICE Kodiaq 7S.

The problem I have currently is that which Enyaq to go for. I am mainly city driver with long distance less than five times a year. I can charge my car at work for free and wouldn’t necessarily need the home charger.

I am divided between IV60 Sportline vs IV80 Loft. The Sportline 60 is 2k Euros cheaper than the IV80 Loft. I am kind of a techie person and leaning towards the Sportline (Also my Kodiaq is Sportline) but iv60 range etc raises questions for Irish weather (similar to UK weather). The dealer has both Sportline 60 and loft 80 models in stock.

I would like to buy before July as Irish government is reducing the grant so what would you guys recommend from your experience? Any things to consider etc?

Thanks in advance!

ricky10

Post by ricky10 »

Get the 60iv - you can get decent 250-260 miles out of a charge in summer days assuming that’s your long trip time. Also I believe the 60 has 125kw charging standard now. Where before it was an option and the standard was 50kw.

The bigger battery is convenience but not necessary unless you do a lot of long journeys.

The spec is purely dependable on what you like. Suggest you see the difference spec levels with your local dealership to decide
Forerunner

Post by Forerunner »

ricky10 wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 9:08 am Get the 60iv - you can get decent 250-260 miles out of a charge in summer days assuming that’s your long trip time. Also I believe the 60 has 125kw charging standard now. Where before it was an option and the standard was 50kw.

The bigger battery is convenience but not necessary unless you do a lot of long journeys.

The spec is purely dependable on what you like. Suggest you see the difference spec levels with your local dealership to decide
Thank you so much for the feedback!! I really appreciate it! Indeed long distances are mainly in the summer maybe once or twice during Xmas times.

As for the fast charger 125kw, does this come with the software update or something I need to ask to the dealer?
ricky10

Post by ricky10 »

Just check the spec. I believe 125kw is now standard across the range where before it was an option on 60iv
IanEV

Post by IanEV »

My usage is similar to your own. Providing you plan those few long distance journeys by deciding where to stop overnight or for lunch you will have no issues. In fact I’d say it’s better than owning an ICE car as you don’t have to visit petrol stations for your local trips anymore
Ordered August 2021, collected 28/4
iV60 Loft, v3.0 software,
Velvet red, pano roof,
basic parking and convenience pack
100kw upgraded free of charge
Podpoint home charger
IanEV

Post by IanEV »

125kw is now standard by the way
Ordered August 2021, collected 28/4
iV60 Loft, v3.0 software,
Velvet red, pano roof,
basic parking and convenience pack
100kw upgraded free of charge
Podpoint home charger
Forerunner

Post by Forerunner »

IanEV wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 10:58 am My usage is similar to your own. Providing you plan those few long distance journeys by deciding where to stop overnight or for lunch you will have no issues. In fact I’d say it’s better than owning an ICE car as you don’t have to visit petrol stations for your local trips anymore
Thank you so much!! Very helpful!!! Leaning towards Sportline now!
Forerunner

Post by Forerunner »

IanEV wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 10:58 am 125kw is now standard by the way
Good to know also apart from all weather mats, anything you’d recommend to ask to dealer as a freebie r something to throw in the deal?
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Hi there,

My tuppence worth:

The Sportline wasn’t available when I ordered my company Enyaq 2 years ago but I had a similar dilemma. I initially ordered a maxed out iV60 with everything available at that time, with the exception of the sunroof. I’d spec’d it with Matrix lights, Suite, 360 cameras, max climate package, electric seats, HUD, Travel Assist Plus etc, heat pump, tinted glass package - Just about everything I think.

With the Government discount at the time, this loaded iV60 was about the same price as an iV80 Loft with far fewer options (as per my signature).

After a couple of weeks, I’d talked myself out of going for all the bells and whistles, cancelled the order and put in the order for my Loft 80.

And that was absolutely the best thing I could have done. I don’t regret this at all. The Loft interior is comfortable, well made and seems to be hard wearing, and that extra range which an 80 has over the 60 (60 miles?) does help with the odd occasion when I do a really long journey. Also, I have to do a 240 mile round trip two or three times a month; the 80 can easily achieve this with a cheap rate home charge. This wouldn’t typically be possible in a 60 without having to use a public charger along the way somewhere.

Just an additional thought though: this is a company car, as I mentioned. If I’d screwed the order up, it’s not the end of the world, as I give it back after 4 years (or can organise a swap with another colleague at any time). Definitely more consideration required if it’s your own beans going towards this thing! 👍
Last edited by Goaty on Tue May 09, 2023 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Erakettu

Post by Erakettu »

To be honest, with the current prices I can't recommed the enyaq as a first choice. At the moment Tesla 3 and Y offer way more bang for the buck, especially for one who is tech savvy.

That being said, I love my Enyaq and would be fine with the 60 spec. I do 400km trips couple times a month and even when the 80 can do it without stops during the summer, I still stop for coffee and to walk the dog.

For me, I spend a lot of time in the car and want it to be as comfortable and visually pleasing as possible. That's why I went for the eco-suite, hud and dcc for example. These are something I found better with skoda rather than tesla.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post