Newbie, Enyaq 60 vs 80 , loft or sportline

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
KBEE

Post by KBEE »

Just to follow up on the insurance issue - I agree the costs seem high, but I think that’s - at least in part - because it’s a company car scheme. So my monthly cost include the car, servicing, insurance, replacement tyres and other wear and tear items… even the installation of a home charger. Basically all I have to pay on top (unless I have to claim on the insurance, in which case I pay the excess) is the electricity to charge it at home.

The Enyaq as per my signature is quoted at £470 per month.

The Tesla Model Y (RWD) was £585 per month like for like. Taking insurance out of the equation made it only about a £25-30 difference because the Model Y list price now isn’t far off what an Enyaq costs. The rest, I’m told, was the difference in insurance costs…

It’s the difference between the Model Y being in groups 46-49 and the Enyaq in 23-28 (for most models).

I hope that helps - I am completely happy to acknowledge there may be better options out there for some people!
Ordered 10th Feb 2022:

Enyaq iV 80 Sportline
Energy Blue
Climate Pack Plus, Convenience Pack Plus, Family Pack, Panoramic Sunroof

Delivered 26th July 2023!

Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

I have owned an iV60 for the last 18 months and a Tesla Model 3 RWD for 6 months. Both are excellent cars imo, but the Tesla is more efficient and the software and charging so much better than the Skoda. Enyaq feels more premium and is better built. Both are comfortable for long journeys. Have just renewed my insurance on both cars - £342 for the Enyaq and £633 for the Tesla - beware insurance premiums have increased if you haven’t renewed recently. So Tesla’s do incur a premium to insure, however, unless your pay a monthly charging subscription, Tesla Superchargers are cheaper at 39p kWh most of the day on most sites. Over the winter my average efficiency for the Skoda is 3.4miles KWh and the Tesla 4.8 miles (this difference will decrease over the summer). I had considered selling both and buying a Model Y but the recent drop in secondhand EV prices makes this financially unviable so will keep and enjoy both cars which is no hardship. What I am certain is that I will never return to an ICE!
IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.
RichR

Post by RichR »

I'll add something to the original question, just in case it's any help with the decision. I know the specs differ between UK and Ireland, and also over the years but it might be of some use.

When I was choosing the spec of my Enyaq back in the summer of 2021, I went through the brochure and website to get a list of all the options (and there was a lot more granular choice back then), then marked off the ones we definitely wanted (eg 80 battery, transport pack), those that would be nice to have and those we weren't interested in (eg towbar). Then played around a lot with the online configurator to see what combinations worked out at what price. We came to the decision that we would go for a Loft or Lodge interior (didn't want leather seats), but did want the HUD, and various other things. Then when it came to create the final configuration and take it to the dealership to place the order, Skoda had restricted availability of some options due to the semiconductor shortage. So it was only possible to order the HUD with Suite, EcoSuite and the Sportline (which had only just come out). Hence we had to have a rethink.

So then we compared what comes a standard on the Sportline with what we would have ordered anyway, and what the extra cost was. In the end we went with a Sportline (80 as there is no Sportline 60 in the UK). We dropped one option (climate plus - having decided that actually with pre-heat a heated windscreen isn't that essential) and changed the paint to Energy Blue - so our overall price was still within our budget (just!). But we ended up with a lot more features that we'd originally ruled out as too expensive - for example matrix headlights.

We ended up with a Sportline 80, heat pump, transport pack, HUD, drive assist plus (can't live without Travel Assist - self steering and adaptive cruise make long journeys a breeze). Matrix headlights are a world apart from standard ones especially if it's raining or misty, so really worthwhile.

And now - I think I would have been annoyed with myself if we'd not gone for the Sportline. To get the same spec from a non-Sportline model, you'd have to spent a lot of money on optional packs. We ended up with a far higher spec car, and there are some things that I really like about the Sportline that are less obvious, for example the lack of chrome, body coloured door panels, the dark grey headlining and other interior trim and just how much more supportive the seats are. Plus the lower suspension makes the car look a lot less like a jacked up SUV, even though it's only 15mm lower.

If you're not regularly driving over 300km a day then I wouldn't worry about going for a 60 to save a bit of money. Yes, I went for an 80 (with a heat pump), but I actually only make perhaps 8 journeys a year that require me to charge away from home. Drop to the free paint colour (Energy Blue - which I think looks awesome on a Sportline), have another look at the list of options to decide what you can't live without, and see how it looks then.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
ricky10

Post by ricky10 »

KBEE wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 1:53 pm Just to follow up on the insurance issue - I agree the costs seem high, but I think that’s - at least in part - because it’s a company car scheme. So my monthly cost include the car, servicing, insurance, replacement tyres and other wear and tear items… even the installation of a home charger. Basically all I have to pay on top (unless I have to claim on the insurance, in which case I pay the excess) is the electricity to charge it at home.

The Enyaq as per my signature is quoted at £470 per month.

The Tesla Model Y (RWD) was £585 per month like for like. Taking insurance out of the equation made it only about a £25-30 difference because the Model Y list price now isn’t far off what an Enyaq costs. The rest, I’m told, was the difference in insurance costs…

It’s the difference between the Model Y being in groups 46-49 and the Enyaq in 23-28 (for most models).

I hope that helps - I am completely happy to acknowledge there may be better options out there for some people!
Ah, yes for sure. When you include insurance and service into the lease monthly it jumps a fair whack.

Had the same thing when I was looking at lease, adding wife onto the scheme - insurance + service jumped more than £100/month net
CrowSysE243

Post by CrowSysE243 »

Forerunner wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 5:51 am
CrowSysE243 wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 11:01 pm According to the brochures I have read (technical specification charging times section) the 60 max charge rate (with option) was 100 kW and is now standard at 120 kW while the 80 max charge rate (with option) was 125 kW and is now standard at 135 kW.

For my useage I decided that the 80 battery was essential, based on experience with the wife's Kona with slightly lower WLTP spec range. This allows comfortable journeys from the south of England to Northern Ireland at any time of the year with charging during food, coffee etc breaks without having to worry if a primary charge stop does not have an available charger. It also allows any one day trip in Northern Ireland without having to recharge.

On the other hand, having had a HUD when I had a Tiguan, area view, in a Passat and the Tiguan and ACC and blindspot monitoring in a Passat, Tiguan and now in the Kona the MAXX pack options were also an essential in the order.

Hopefully I will not have to wait too many more months to find if I am happy with the decisions!
But so far you are right?
I will not know for sure until I get the car and use it for a while. I hope that the next dealer update will be that the car has completed build, but there will still be a wait until it is delivered. I am certain that the 60 would not be suitable for our use but that is based on frequent journeys requiring 450 to 500 miles in one day, often with a time constraint (ferry) near the end. We chose the larger battery on the Kona so that we could use it if necessary instead of the Tiguan. This has been so successful that in the last year we have used the Kona in preference to the Tiguan unless we needed the cargo space, however it also showed that the smaller battery would not have been practical. It did convince me that I could replace the Tiguan with an EV, with large battery, rather than chosing a PHEV. From reading this forum I am happy with my choice of 80 over 60, but without the frequent long distance day travel I would probably have chosen a 60. Since mainly driving the Kona over the last year I have managed without the HUD and area view, however I think that the smaller driver display on the Enyaq may increase the value of the HUD, and the larger size of the Enyaq makes the area view highly desirable for some of my regular parking locations.

I followed a similar process to that described by RichR in his post earlier today. Some of my prefered options were not available when I seriously started but reappeared as part of the Maxx pack shortly before I ordered. Some are now not available on the 80 but are on the Sportline, so I would probably try and go for that if ordering now. The decision really depends on individual assessment of the value of each available feature.
iV80 Loft, 19"Regulus, Energy Blue, Maxx Pack, Travel Pack, Heat pump. Order Jul22. BuildWk17-23. UK WE23/6. Available 30/6/23. Collected 3/7/23 Untethered PodPoint. Third Rock mode 2 charger with Tough Leads modular extension lead and adapters.
RichR

Post by RichR »

It's more of a pain now they've consolidated the dozens of options into just a couple of packs. And to think we were complaining two years ago that you couldn't have rear USB sockets without the window blinds and electric child locks. :D

However the reasons are probably to help the factory get more cars out the door by reducing the amount of variation, so they can get the supply chain under control. I was lucky in that I didn't pick anything that was a problem, and before the worst of the semiconductor shortages hit, so it was only 14 weeks from order to delivery.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Forerunner

Post by Forerunner »

RichR wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 8:50 am I'll add something to the original question, just in case it's any help with the decision. I know the specs differ between UK and Ireland, and also over the years but it might be of some use.

When I was choosing the spec of my Enyaq back in the summer of 2021, I went through the brochure and website to get a list of all the options (and there was a lot more granular choice back then), then marked off the ones we definitely wanted (eg 80 battery, transport pack), those that would be nice to have and those we weren't interested in (eg towbar). Then played around a lot with the online configurator to see what combinations worked out at what price. We came to the decision that we would go for a Loft or Lodge interior (didn't want leather seats), but did want the HUD, and various other things. Then when it came to create the final configuration and take it to the dealership to place the order, Skoda had restricted availability of some options due to the semiconductor shortage. So it was only possible to order the HUD with Suite, EcoSuite and the Sportline (which had only just come out). Hence we had to have a rethink.

So then we compared what comes a standard on the Sportline with what we would have ordered anyway, and what the extra cost was. In the end we went with a Sportline (80 as there is no Sportline 60 in the UK). We dropped one option (climate plus - having decided that actually with pre-heat a heated windscreen isn't that essential) and changed the paint to Energy Blue - so our overall price was still within our budget (just!). But we ended up with a lot more features that we'd originally ruled out as too expensive - for example matrix headlights.

We ended up with a Sportline 80, heat pump, transport pack, HUD, drive assist plus (can't live without Travel Assist - self steering and adaptive cruise make long journeys a breeze). Matrix headlights are a world apart from standard ones especially if it's raining or misty, so really worthwhile.

And now - I think I would have been annoyed with myself if we'd not gone for the Sportline. To get the same spec from a non-Sportline model, you'd have to spent a lot of money on optional packs. We ended up with a far higher spec car, and there are some things that I really like about the Sportline that are less obvious, for example the lack of chrome, body coloured door panels, the dark grey headlining and other interior trim and just how much more supportive the seats are. Plus the lower suspension makes the car look a lot less like a jacked up SUV, even though it's only 15mm lower.

If you're not regularly driving over 300km a day then I wouldn't worry about going for a 60 to save a bit of money. Yes, I went for an 80 (with a heat pump), but I actually only make perhaps 8 journeys a year that require me to charge away from home. Drop to the free paint colour (Energy Blue - which I think looks awesome on a Sportline), have another look at the list of options to decide what you can't live without, and see how it looks then.
Wow, thank you so much for summarizing your experience! Its really much appreciated!

On a dramatic turn of events, I went to Skoda to get the car and they told me Skoda increased their prices from govt grant of 59k to 63k and there will be no government grant available for 232 models (231s are the first half of the year and 232 are the second part of the year starting from July 23)

I was like fine I will go with the 231 option then and then they told me the PCP rates also gone up from 5.9% to 7.9% hence I will need to pay 7.9% on a revised rate. I told them they quoted me 5.9% of PCP and complained about the 7.9% and they said its VW bank we just put the figures into the system and they calculate it... anyhow with the revised rates my payment gone up by 3k with a balloon payment at the end.

Long story short, I went to buy the car with loads of excitement and happiness, turned back with my ICE Kodiaq...I am now checking other dealers to see if I can get any better deals.

However, thank you for all the advise! I think Sportline is way to go!
Forerunner

Post by Forerunner »

CrowSysE243 wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 10:26 am
Forerunner wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 5:51 am
CrowSysE243 wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 11:01 pm According to the brochures I have read (technical specification charging times section) the 60 max charge rate (with option) was 100 kW and is now standard at 120 kW while the 80 max charge rate (with option) was 125 kW and is now standard at 135 kW.

For my useage I decided that the 80 battery was essential, based on experience with the wife's Kona with slightly lower WLTP spec range. This allows comfortable journeys from the south of England to Northern Ireland at any time of the year with charging during food, coffee etc breaks without having to worry if a primary charge stop does not have an available charger. It also allows any one day trip in Northern Ireland without having to recharge.

On the other hand, having had a HUD when I had a Tiguan, area view, in a Passat and the Tiguan and ACC and blindspot monitoring in a Passat, Tiguan and now in the Kona the MAXX pack options were also an essential in the order.

Hopefully I will not have to wait too many more months to find if I am happy with the decisions!
But so far you are right?
I will not know for sure until I get the car and use it for a while. I hope that the next dealer update will be that the car has completed build, but there will still be a wait until it is delivered. I am certain that the 60 would not be suitable for our use but that is based on frequent journeys requiring 450 to 500 miles in one day, often with a time constraint (ferry) near the end. We chose the larger battery on the Kona so that we could use it if necessary instead of the Tiguan. This has been so successful that in the last year we have used the Kona in preference to the Tiguan unless we needed the cargo space, however it also showed that the smaller battery would not have been practical. It did convince me that I could replace the Tiguan with an EV, with large battery, rather than chosing a PHEV. From reading this forum I am happy with my choice of 80 over 60, but without the frequent long distance day travel I would probably have chosen a 60. Since mainly driving the Kona over the last year I have managed without the HUD and area view, however I think that the smaller driver display on the Enyaq may increase the value of the HUD, and the larger size of the Enyaq makes the area view highly desirable for some of my regular parking locations.

I followed a similar process to that described by RichR in his post earlier today. Some of my prefered options were not available when I seriously started but reappeared as part of the Maxx pack shortly before I ordered. Some are now not available on the 80 but are on the Sportline, so I would probably try and go for that if ordering now. The decision really depends on individual assessment of the value of each available feature.
Thank you so much!!! Definitely the Sportline seems to be way to go...esp as Richie said with Matrix headlights comes as standard
RichR

Post by RichR »

Try another Skoda dealership if you can - they may allow some wiggle room on the finances.
ricky10

Post by ricky10 »

my experience with VWF is that every dealership has the same deal - ie the rate at the time.

different dealership will be able to offer different amount of discount depending on what incentive they have or what margin they got...

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post