Scotland Road trip

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Walter Eagle

Post by Walter Eagle »

I added a post in the Off-Topic Chat forum area. It's not specifically Enyaq related, but it does cover someone else's experience of using an EV in remote areas, in this case the West of Scotland.

viewtopic.php?t=1982

Charles

Post by Charles »

Ken3966 wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 7:03 pm I was looking into the feasibility of visiting Edinburgh again this year. Looking at available chargers generally seems cheaper than in England, but often relatively low charging rates and often time limited as well to 40 mins or so. Not long enough for a full charge if needed.
There's a new(ish) multicharge site on the Slateford Road. good if you are on the west side of thecity.
Ruud

Post by Ruud »

About using another charger to get around the 40 minute limit: using another charger worked! I had just finished charging for about 35 minutes when I was approached by two women who were down to 5% in their hired Polestar. The ChargePlaceScotland charger did not accept payment by credit card (none of the ones on Skye do) and setting up an account was not possible for them with their US bank account. So I let them use my account on the other charger, no problem. They wanted to give me £100 in cash! I said no that's far too much. We reached a compromise on £40 and I said we would buy £20 worth of food for the food bank.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Heat Pump, Climate Package Plus. Ordered 14 January 2022. Picked up 31 May 2023.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post