Tyre Wear

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
dben

Post by dben »

Hi

My wife has IV60 Enyaq. Came with Bridgstone Turanza Eco Reseal tyres on 20 inch wheels.

No jack, inflation, nothing came with the car.

Offside rear puncture New Years Eve and reseal didn't work and tyre completely flat. Real pain.

After 14500 miles tyres on front visibly wearing unevenly, so got checked out at local tyre fitters. Turned out these needed replacing and nearside rear deemed dangerous as worn on inside shoulder down to reinforcement. Visible part of the tyre looked fine.

Fitterd convinced tracking out on front and camber way out on rear. Presumably the offside rear would have been worn to same level if not replaced after puncture.

A rear saga getting the lease company and fitter to fit reseal tyres and check the tracking/camber.

Eventually Continentals fitted as Bridgestone seemingly a month back order. After boasting they had a £20k tracking machine, they couldn't do the Enyaq as machine didn't have necessary software for the car.

Ended up at Skoda in Stirling, who's first views that getting 14k for tyres was ok.

The tracking and camber check came up with figs 'within tolerance'.

This car is driven sedately to save power and since the rear tyre was at a dangerous level, I think the tyres actually needed replacing around 12k.

The Bridgestones are circa £275 a pop, so I reckon that you could be looking at £1000 a year on these tyres during ownership of vehicle.

Is there a suspension set up design error or just all down to the weight of the car I don't know, but I expect a new car to have even tyre wear.

The data check on the rear badly worn tyre was camber -1.24, toe 0.00 before and after -1.06 and 0.06. All in the green, but figs don't mean much to me.

Any other thoughts.

dben

Goaty

Post by Goaty »

Hi - that sounds really low…

Maybe have a peek here:

viewtopic.php?t=1667
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Juself

Post by Juself »

here is the data from my stand on the collapse and convergence of wheels.

Screenshot 2023-03-26 160921.png

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post