Infotainment/Android Auto weirdness

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

I've been fairly lucky with my Enyaq thus far not really exhibiting any software related issues, bar maybe 3 times where the bluetooth audio has gone wonky, and once or twice the infotainment screen has crashed. In 18months and 25k miles that seems acceptable.

However over the last week its starting being really annoying. Usually i get in, and within 30seconds its connected to the phone and brought up android auto. Last week, it completely refused to connect. The phone showed up on the smart link page, but selecting it just got a "connecting" dialog that got stuck on the screen for 5+ minutes. Tried restarting with a long press on the power button and it was just the same. Whole journey home (40miles) it resolutely refused to connect to the phone. Next time i used the car it connected immediately as normal. Since then it feels like its been 50:50 wether it works correctly or not. Sometimes just working, other times hanging up, and other times it will connect but takes a LONG time, this morning was a good 5 minutes sitting with the "connecting" banner on screen before it finally sorted itself out.

Then yesterday a second issue appeared. I got in the car as normal but noticed the background was red and it was sitting on BBC Radio 2. Had a poke around, and sure enough it seems to have wiped a lot of my personal settings, all radio favourites were gone, my shortcuts at the bottom of the screen were gone (back to default) and the background image had switched back to the default red one. Some stuff was still there, like my "individual" drive profile was still set as i like it.

Anyone seen this before?
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite

BioHzrd

Post by BioHzrd »

I've got the AA issues my Pixel 6 Pro some times without issue connects bit some days it won't connect then I'll try do it manually and it'll say unable to connect after a.minite or so.

Next time I get in it's 50/50 if it'll connect or not. I'm blaming it on the current AA release and possible Pixel firmware issues.
60 Loft, Parking Basic Package, Moon White

I’m a @TentBox Ambassador. Ask me anything about TentBox! 😃

Might work for a well know charging company 😉

Electrician - 18th Edition & 2391-52 Qualified - Over 18 years, so I know what I'm talking about 😂
neilpr

Post by neilpr »

Yeah have times when it wont connect probably 70:30 . I found when it happens doing a restart on the phone ( samsung S20) sorts it out. Not sure if its something with phone starting to get on a bit ( for a phone).
Enyaq IV 80, loft , Jan 2023
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

Mine seems to have settled down somewhat, not had the failure for the rest of the week.
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite
Decide

Post by Decide »

I have this with a Pixel 7 and wireless AA.

Quickest fix is to restart the phone - then it'll connect as usual.

Happens about twice a week :(

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post