Map Updates

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
MikeJL

Post by MikeJL »

Has anyone tried updating their map?
The Skoda website offers a download when I enter my VIN, but I’m reluctant to apply it to the car as the website doesn’t inspire confidence eg advising to download to an SD card!

Some of the POI data around me is very outdated.
28/8/21 Ordered IV60 Lounge, Quartz Grey Metallic. Delivery quoted 6 months!
25/6/22 Collected car!
Software : ME3.0

RichR

Post by RichR »

I don't think you can download maps, but you can submit changes via the Skoda Connect site that links you to Here Maps website. I think you've landed on the page for older models that don't do over the air updates (for one, the Enyaq doesn't have an SD card slot)

I've updated the map quite a few times. Don't worry, they confirm the changes before they get pushed to cars. I've moved a few POIs that were wrong, and corrected speed limits where they've changed for example. Go to this website and click on 'Map Creator': https://updateportal.skoda-auto.com/
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
MikeJL

Post by MikeJL »

So we get updates in the background? I've never been prompted to install an update or informed that one has been applied.
25/6/22 Collected car!
RichR

Post by RichR »

They happen silently. I’ve noticed many updates in the last 18 months of ownership. Including at least one update that corrected the pronunciation of sone place names.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
MikeJL

Post by MikeJL »

Thanks Rich, I’ll check some of the local POI and see if they’ve changed. I did submit a change for a pub that closed several years ago & it was still on the map months later. I haven’t noticed recently which might well mean that it’s been updated!

Our other car also uses Here mapping & seems better informed of POI changes.
25/6/22 Collected car!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post