No updates for ME3?

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
white67

Post by white67 »

I saw posting on YouTube by Enyaq Gorm referencing a message in which a user contacted Skoda to find out about the upgrade path from ME3.x to ME4.
Apparently there is no possibility of a further update to the software as the 2024 model uses a different system.

If true then no Enyaq will be updated past about end 2023. I'm not impressed.

Unfortunately I can't find a link to the posting, sorry.
Enyaq iV 60 Suite, Race Blue Metallic, 21" Betria Alloys, Tow Bar Prep, Comfort Seat Basic - with Heated Seats added, Convenience Pack Plus,
Drive Pack Basic, Light & View Pack Basic, Parking Pack Plus, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus

MikeJL

Post by MikeJL »

Whilst they could develop the two systems in parallel, I think it's unlikely & once we get to ME3.2 we'll probably just get the odd bug fix or security update thereafter.
Looking forward to Skoda proving me wrong :-)
28/8/21 Ordered IV60 Lounge, Quartz Grey Metallic. Delivery quoted 6 months!
25/6/22 Collected car!
Software : ME3.0
RichR

Post by RichR »

There's a point where software features require hardware. For example - those of us with Enyaqs approaching 2 years old can upgrade to ME3.x - but we won't get some of the features (eg park assist), because the car physically lacks the side parking sensors. I suspect that the updated MEB platform that'll be used for the facelift models may well have hardware that doesn't exist on the current platform in the same way.

It really doesn't bother me - I'm still on ME2.x and don't feel I'm missing out on anything. The car does everything it was advertised as doing when I bought it.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
zice

Post by zice »

MikeJL wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 2:10 pm Looking forward to Skoda proving me wrong :-)
looks like they will

zice

Post by zice »

RichR wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 3:39 pm I'm still on ME2.x and don't feel I'm missing out on anything. The car does everything it was advertised as doing when I bought it.
check with your garage about campaign 97GA, you'll get ME3.2 via cable....
https://www.skoda-auto.com/emobility/me ... are-update
RichR

Post by RichR »

zice wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 8:23 pm
RichR wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 3:39 pm I'm still on ME2.x and don't feel I'm missing out on anything. The car does everything it was advertised as doing when I bought it.
check with your garage about campaign 97GA, you'll get ME3.2 via cable....
https://www.skoda-auto.com/emobility/me ... are-update
I do actually have it booked in for an ME3.x upgrade next month. The only reason I'm doing that is that my electricity supplier won't give me the tariff with 7 hours of very cheap off peak electricity unless it can control the car, and their software doesn't work with ME2.x as it needs to know the charging location is set to 'home'. I'll ask what what version they're going to install when I drop it off.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
SkodaSanta

Post by SkodaSanta »

Looks like there will still be some updates to ME3.x software, at the moment preheating is the only thing I think would be good to have added compared to what was advertised when I ordered my car...

preheat.jpg

Enyaq Coupe RS iV, Phoenix Orange, Black Taurus 20", Design RS Suite, Advance + Max package w/ alarm
Ordered 2022-10-17, Final Assembly 2023-04-28. VIN received 2023-05-03.
SkodaSanta

Post by SkodaSanta »

And another question regarding preheating answered in the same way...

preheat2.jpg

Enyaq Coupe RS iV, Phoenix Orange, Black Taurus 20", Design RS Suite, Advance + Max package w/ alarm
Ordered 2022-10-17, Final Assembly 2023-04-28. VIN received 2023-05-03.
ricky10

Post by ricky10 »

Unless VW are stopping ME4 roll out on MEB platform unless it is a new car, I doubt that Skoda would discontinue firmware updates different to what VW is doing.

Fundamentally everything is VW just the UI is different by Skoda. Also MEB isn’t just a VWG platform. Ford uses it also. So I don’t think they will be that stupid with the firmware in that locking it out of the user unless on new cars.

Also the Indian car maker Mihindra will be using MEB platform.

Sure certain new features won’t be available due to lack of hardware.
Walter Eagle

Post by Walter Eagle »

It really doesn't bother me - I'm still on ME2.x and don't feel I'm missing out on anything. The car does everything it was advertised as doing when I bought it.
I would so love to see a trip odometer visible while I'm driving. Was it advertised when I bought it? Well, no, not specifically, but I just kind of assumed, you know ... as in every other car I had ever owned, been in, or seen had one.
I'm on ME3.0 as delivered.
The fact that the trip odometer display appeared between ME3.0 and ME3.1 seems to suggest it was all part of the Skoda grand plan anyway and my assumptions were reasonable.
I've given up waiting for ME3.1 upgrade over-the-air, and I'm losing hope for ME3.2 appearing via that route.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post