Fixed my front sensor. Quick guide on what I did

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Vrsjones

Post by Vrsjones »

So I posted a couple of days ago that I had hit a magpie and it had pushed one of the front sensors inside the bumper. Not pleasant every time you pull up and it’s beeping like mad 😂. So I had a go at fixing it with the help of a good neighbour and my god honestly it was so easy. Pretty much plug and play. Here’s a very and I mean very brief guide

Undo the screws in the wheel arch up to the top middle screw directly above the wheel. Do this in both wheel arches.

IMG_6446.jpeg

Then undo all the screws underneath. There’s around 10 or so. There’s two plastic dome type things under the car near the wheels which come off also.

IMG_6448.jpeg

IMG_6447.jpeg

Then open the bonnet and do the top screws which reveals the bonnet catch etc.

IMG_6449.jpeg

The grill (mine has the light built in) and the bumper should just pull away. You will need to pop the bumper away from the arch which makes a small click. Don’t worry about this. Then it all slides out no need to remove the lights or anything unless you need to. I left all the washers and sensors plugged in including the grill light which is part of the bumper. Put my arm down did my repair and simply put it all back. Honestly I’m no mechanic and I managed. Best to have two people though so your bumper doesn’t get scratched.

And no it looks like nothing has even happened

IMG_6450.jpeg

Hopefully this doesn’t happen to any of you but it adds to the wealth of info on here.
Skoda Enyaq IV Vrs with all the bits and bobs that come with the Vrs

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post