My first 1000 miles

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Andy1832

Post by Andy1832 »

Well more like 1200 by now! Had the car just 4 weeks and am really impressed particularly with the charging costs. We have an Easee charger and Octopus Go which only gives 4 hours of off peak at 9.5 ppKwh but finding this just perfect. With 1200 miles on the clock total cost of home charging around £25 although it came from the dealer with 100% for starters. Have not had a need to charge away from home yet so got that to look forward to. I calculate the equivalent cost of petrol based on my previous Tiguan would have been around £220. Mostly weekday round trips for hospital treatments of either 70 or 28 miles a bit of weekend leisure and one long round trip of 130 miles.
One or two niggles most of which I will get used to:- worst thing is the reflection in windscreen making the view like looking through a net curtain on hot sunny days which have been most days lately. I know this has been covered on here previously. I have tried a few fixes with some Matt black non slip material but so far haven’t found a solution. It’s all to do with the steep angle of the screen as never had this issue with any vehicle in past.
Next one is the cruise control stalk position. I find that I keep hitting either headlight flasher or indicator’s as both are very close together. The Tiguan had all the ACC controls just a thumb away on left side of steering wheel, whilst Enyaq has nothing terribly important on that side.
Having to use the indicators to overtake when crossing white lines if you don’t want the steering wheel ripped out of your hands is a bit of a pain when no one else will see the signal, also goes against advanced driving teaching.
Finally I haven’t had a rear wheel drive vehicle since a ‘66 Riley 4/72 which I sold in 1973 and find myself ploughing furrows in the gravel driveway when turning. The Postman used to annoy me doing this in his electric van and now I understand how easy it is to do.
As Andre Citroen said when inventing front wheel drive “you never see a horse pushing a cart”
So all in all nothing too much to complain about and looking forward to getting used to these niggles.
iV 80 Loft Energy Blue Pan Roof and Drive package basic

tonyw

Post by tonyw »

Picking up on your point about the screen reflection. It's something that has annoyed me in the recent sunny weather. In some places (pale road, mixed sun and shade, poor road markings) I've driven over road humps without seeing them. Zig Zag Road on Box Hill was the worst.

I've put polarized sunglasses in the car to see if that helps (not sure yet) and I wondered about matt black cloth. Shame that doesn't work for you.

Has this been discussed here before? I can't find it in my searches.
Ordered March 22. Delivered Jan 23, * IV80 Loft * Convenience Package Basic * Assisted Drive Package Plus * Climate Package Basic * Heat Pump * Rear Airbags * Energy Blue
MikeJL

Post by MikeJL »

You can disable the lane control thing, but you have to do so for every journey. The left most physical button will take you to within a couple of screens of the option. (I think I saw on here that the latest software version allows you to set a shortcut on the main screen to do this too).
28/8/21 Ordered IV60 Lounge, Quartz Grey Metallic. Delivery quoted 6 months!
25/6/22 Collected car!
Software : ME3.0
AndyH

Post by AndyH »

Next one is the cruise control stalk position. I find that I keep hitting either headlight flasher or indicator’s as both are very close together
I totally agree, but that is standard Audi switchgear, it was identical on an A6 we rented in Denmark. As you say, the ideal place is on the steering wheel, as it was on our Volvo XC60. Jumping from our Kodiaq into the Audi revealed just how much is shared within the VW group.
IV80 Suite, Race blue, 20” Vega alloys, heat pump, electric tow bar, panoramic sunroof, 125kW, climate/transport packs, ordered July 21, delivered November 21. 1st EV and still loving it.
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

I agree recall the points.
I keep flashing inadvertently, or indicating when I want to change speed.
I have tried normal sunglasses and Polaroid. Polaroid are quite effective but make the head up display very dim. Just sticking to normal ones at the moment.
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
xioxyx

Post by xioxyx »

I have polarised sunglasses and haven’t even noticed any reflection so I guess they must work pretty well. Had also read somewhere a while back about them not working with the hud very well which was one of the reasons I didn’t order that. Mind you, they’re a pain at the chargers as you can’t see the lcd screen with them on - but the same was also true of petrol pumps..

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post