Interested in the enyaq but nervous about switch to electric

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
metalmadhammer

Post by metalmadhammer »

The 20" wheels don't get curbed. I know because I let my wife drive it and they are still mint!. The tyre walls stick out further than the edge of the rim so they are wife friendly 8-)
Enyaq 80 Suite, Race Blue, Panoramic Sunroof, 20" Vega Alloys and a silly overpriced rubber mat for the boot.

Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

metalmadhammer wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:34 pm The 20" wheels don't get curbed. I know because I let my wife drive it and they are still mint!. The tyre walls stick out further than the edge of the rim so they are wife friendly 8-)
Same here, I bumped kerb with both near side wheels and no damage to rims, just rub marks on tyres.

Car is widest I have ever owned!
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
RichR

Post by RichR »

I do have a small stone chip on the shiny bit of one of my 20" wheels. But true, never scuffed them on a kerb.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

Great car BMW - had an M Sport Touring 3 Series and kept it for 5 years which is much longer than I normally keep my cars.

My Enyaq has 20” Vega alloys - a free upgrade at the time. Great wheels with some kerb protection, however, had 2 punctures in 10,000 miles and at 250/300 pounds each to replace the original Bridgestones they ain’t cheap. On reflection I would now just go with the standard 19” wheels. Also need to budget for more frequent tyre replacements as part of the EV ownership experience.

My Enyaq does not have a heat pump but my Tesla does - from my perspective it is worthwhile but as a £1k+ option you’re unlikely to recoup the initial additional investments.

With the general uncertainty of future EV values I would opt for a PCP or similar, however, interest rates have increased and possibly finance companies are reducing guaranteed final values so possibly more difficult to calculate.
IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.
xioxyx

Post by xioxyx »

metalmadhammer wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:34 pm The 20" wheels don't get curbed. I know because I let my wife drive it and they are still mint!. The tyre walls stick out further than the edge of the rim so they are wife friendly 8-)
I’ve dinged 2 of mine already - on 20” rims and I’ve only had it 2 months. Lots of parallel parking on the mean streets of London.
Monman

Post by Monman »

Hi
I finally got my 80x after a 21 month wait at the end of June 23 was it worth the wait?
So far yes at the time of order (end of sept 21) you could pick from a list individual extras rather than purchasing them as I believe is now the case as part of packs.
As I was purchasing it outright In my case I found this better for my wallet.
I did purchase the heat pump which I think will come into its own in winter.
I charge the car to the recommended 80% which shows on average a range of 222 miles.
Currently I get about 3.6 miles per KWH but with having the 80x its twin motor.
It was so long since order to delivery that I almost forgot what extras I had ordered but I think? I never ordered 20" wheels which the car has fitted nor rear heated seats again something it has along with the Crystal grille so maybe I got a few extras over my original specification.
Also the price at the time order was locked in so any subsequent price rises did not apply.
It took a few days to figure out how to turn on the parking sensors but my dealer after much head scratching. Finally found where to turn them on as they were not available via the touch screen until the parking camera was turned on manually via the switch on the dash at which point they could be accessed and activated.
My charger is a Hypervolt which I am pleased with they have, or so they say a 24 hour manned help desk which I have used once and they were very helpful sorting out the issue quickly. Which I think was caused by having the charger fitted then not used for 18 months.
Also I find the eco ( charges from Solar panels but also uses mains electricity should solar be insufficient) and and super eco (uses solar only) settings useful.
I am on standard variable rate for electricity supply at present so that's a bit expensive (31p per KWH) but have just been offered a EV rate which has just become available again and will take nigh time charging down to 8p per KWH.
I wish I had optioned the auto boot opening which I do not have but that aside. am very happy with the Enyaq.
in the recent heavy rain we had it felt almost as sure footed as my trusty jeep Wrangler had on the long steep and slippy track to my home but with so much more comfort.
Chrisr

Post by Chrisr »

I agree with all of the above. Make sure you switch to Intelligent Octopus and have OHME Home Pro charger installed. This charger is recommended by Skoda and Octopus Energy - charging is a breeze.
Eyeofthetiger

Post by Eyeofthetiger »

Hi everyone.
Thanks for replies.

Today I test drove a 80 loft . Was very impressed. Smooth, quiet ,linear but not mind blowing acceleration.

I found the brake regenerative gear mode interesting. Apparently I was told you improve your range using this mode?
Averaged 3.5mi /kwh with mix of a roads and motorway.

This one had heat pump.

Nice car
Skoda enyaq 80 loft
Heat pump
Convenience pack plus
Family pack
Assisted drive pack
CrowSysE243

Post by CrowSysE243 »

I was impressed when I test drove one over a year ago before placing my order. I am more impressed after 3 weeks owning one. I am still getting to grips with setting features the way I want them. For a long time I had A/C on when it was not necessary, and I would not have had it on in my previous cars. For even longer it appears that the heater was coming on due to the temperature dropping below the 22 degree temperature that had been set for climate control. I did not notice it until the ambient temperature was 15 last weekend and I could feel warm air from the vents. Over the 672 miles driven the average has been 4.6 ml/kWh on a mix of motorways, urban roads, country lanes and London traffic jams and mostly in B mode. Motorway cruise speed usually 62mph indicated with accelleration up to 70 to pass slower traffic. For the 242 miles since the last full charge 4 days ago the average has been 5 ml/kWh with 146 miles indicated range left. This is better than I had expected based on the specification and 2 years experience with my wife's Kona EV. I am working up to try and achieve over 400 miles range in the summer.
The value of the extras will depend on your usage however I specifically wanted some, based on experience with previous cars, and I have not been dissappointed:
Adaptive cruise control with traffic jam assist - I use whenever conditions are suitable. It makes driving in congested conditions more relaxing and appears to improve economy.
Blind Spot detection - very helpful on motorways.
Electrically operated tailgate - most useful for my passengers but being able to open ir using the key fob as I approach is convenient. I do not really use the virtual pedal.
Head up display - it is better than the one on the 2019 Tiguan and useful given the smaller drivers display.
Heated windscreen - I have had it on most cars since 1982 and missed it on the Tiguan and Kona. The ability to warm the car up remotely in the morning on the Kona compensates to an extent but I think it will be nice to have it back when we get to the winter.
Heated seats, steering wheel and heat pump. I think that these will help range on our long (450 mile) journeys in the winter.
Matrix LED headlights with variable light distribution - I have not experienced the basic lights on the Enyaq, however on the Passat and Tiguan they were not very good on some roads I use, so I went for the higher specification. The Enyaq matrix lights with variable distribution give better illumination than those on the Tiguan did.
Area view - Particularly useful when reverse parking in difficult conditions such as manouvering between cars and low walls through 90 degrees, which is a frequent occurrence. It was beneficial on the Passat and Tiguan. As the Enyaq is wider it is particularly useful.

I was uncertain about switching to a pure EV until experiencing the Kona. For the last year the Tiguan was relegated to being the back up car and was only used if we were both out or if we needed the larger capacity, even when travelling over 450 miles in a day. Now we have experienced the Enyaq it will take over as the long range car. All the passengers so far have been impressed with the comfort and are surprised when told that we have the basic (Loft) trim.

If you are likely to be away overnight in areas where the charging infrastructure is not good it is worth getting a mode 2 (granny) charger to plug in to a mains socket. The Skoda charger is somewhat expensive so I think it is worth buying elsewhere if you want one.
iV80 Loft, 19"Regulus, Energy Blue, Maxx Pack, Travel Pack, Heat pump. Order Jul22. BuildWk17-23. UK WE23/6. Available 30/6/23. Collected 3/7/23 Untethered PodPoint. Third Rock mode 2 charger with Tough Leads modular extension lead and adapters.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post