Upgrading charging on a used Enyaq 60

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Matty2B

Post by Matty2B »

snalbansed wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:04 pm I do agree that for the most part it is irrelevant (in my experience), but if you're stuck charging the car in the rain on holiday when the family has gone to the restaurant, and you'd quite like to join them, the extra fast charging is really nice. Also if you're on the way home after a long day and you haven't managed to synchronise the charge with a useful toilet/coffee break, charging for ten minutes is much nicer than 25.
Yes, this is exactly the situation I am concerned about tbh. We have offstreet parking, solar and will be able to charge at home 98% of the time, but on long journeys when I need to charge I don't want to be stuck waiting for any longer than I need to with teenagers onboard, hence the desire to uprate the charging. Extrotionate as it is, adding the extra charge speed is a lot more economic than going for the bigger battery car that won't be necessary for 99% of our journeys.

Matty2B

Post by Matty2B »

Dorsetandy wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:44 am Personally I would be surprised if the charging upgrade is no longer available - from memory it was a £440 software upgrade - which I declined. Try contacting a few Skoda dealers to check. Mine was offered by Hendy Skoda Poole for example. Others on the forum will have used different dealers.
I suspect you are right, but the two dealers I have contacted were both less than helpful; after lengthy gap my local said no (though couldn't explain why the website said it was possible!), whilst the second never got back to me.

Dorsetandy wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:44 am Alternatively if you see a nice secondhand Enyaq tell the salesperson you will only purchase if they upgrade the charging!
That is an possible, but unsurpringly the best priced used Enyaqs are not at Skoda dealers so I doubt it will be an option. The way used prices are going though, I may jsut wait three months and see how much an 80 (that has fast charging as std) is by then, as all EV prices seem to be falling off a cliff at this point. From what I am reading this is because there aren't many company car buyers who can benefit from the low BIK rates left to snap up, and private buyers arereluctant to buy a used EV at all due to concerns about range and battery degradation.
Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

From recollection faster charging was an option on both the iV60 and iV80 models which was soon discontinued and the prices increased to include faster charging. So whatever you decide to buy best to confirm the actual charging speed, especially if it is a 21 year registered model.
IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.
RichR

Post by RichR »

As above- originally the 60 and 80 only had 50kW charging speed unless you paid £440 for the option to take it to 100kW/125kW. Only the Sportline 80X came with 125kW charging as standard when it was released in 2021.

Around Dec 2021 they included it as standard and just added the cost to the base price. A few months later an option to upgrade a car originally purchased with 50kW charging to the higher rate came out. It’s only a software update. ME3.0 increased the maximum charge rate by 10kW.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
IanEV

Post by IanEV »

I didn’t specify the option on my car as I calculated I’d only need the fast charge a few times a year whilst going on holiday. I figured I’d spend the extra cash on 10 family meals whilst waiting for the charge over say 5 years of ownership. When the car came they’d given me the faster charging for free. I’ve used it twice in just over a year as you do need to have less than 20% charge to trigger the faster speed. The reality is you only need it if you regularly drive over 3 hours / 200 miles without stopping. Most people will want to stop before this point. Therefore I wouldn’t worry about the option if you only need to do long trips for holidays.

Maybe in the future third party companies will be able to update the software for if Skoda can’t.
Ordered August 2021, collected 28/4
iV60 Loft, v3.0 software,
Velvet red, pano roof,
basic parking and convenience pack
100kw upgraded free of charge
Podpoint home charger
Matty2B

Post by Matty2B »

To close this out, I finally got a response from Skoda who confirmed that updates are still possible to a used vehicle. I'm still not convinced they really understood I was asking for an upgrade (paid) from 50 to 100kw though...

"We can provide only information which are below. Unfortunately, we do not know the software version of the mentioned vehicle, so we cannot answer your question. However, the update is performer on all vehicles regadless of whether they are the first or second user.

Depending on country, some updates are done via dealership, some over the air. Please, contact the dealership, the dealer is entitled to response to all queries according to local specifics.

ME2.x -> ME3.0.2: https://www.skoda-auto.com/emobility/me ... are-update
ME2.x -> ME3.2.1: https://www.skoda-auto.com/emobility/me ... are-update"

The vehicle I was interested in has long since been sold, so I will need to find another one if I am still to go for an Enyaq. However, this experience has made me think twice about whether I really want to purchase a VAG product at this point tbh, especially given all their well publicised financial travails and EV strategy which now seems to be buying into Chinese manufacturers (Alibaba!) to provide their next platform...
Last edited by Matty2B on Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RobCu23

Post by RobCu23 »

I have a new iv 60 and charged at Ionity the other day. I had 44% charge but needed to top up to get home. The highest it went was to 57kW. I believe this is pretty standard as the range needs to be below 15% and will drop off as you approach 80%. I've seen a picture/graph on here somewhere with this too.
IV 60, Arctic Silver, Loft, 125kW, Regulus 19" Alloys, ACC, black everything and custom badge. :)
Enyaq85x SL

Post by Enyaq85x SL »

Just been reading the Enyaq accessory brochure and the charging upgrade is available.

The 60 goes to 120kw , part number for the upgrade is 5LA 054 831

The 80 goes to 125kw part number 5LA 054 831A
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

Olpk1190 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:12 am Just been reading the Enyaq accessory brochure and the charging upgrade is available.

The 60 goes to 120kw , part number for the upgrade is 5LA 054 831

The 80 goes to 125kw part number 5LA 054 831A
But only if very low charge to start.
My vRS had only been charged twice on fast chargers so far in 4 months.
First time I started at 45% and maxed out at 57kW.
Second time I was at about 30% and may have seen 70kW for a short time.
It very quickly drops to about 50kW as the battery fills, so may not be that much faster than the limited cars?

I charged at those % for location convenience. It would have cost more had I run it down to below 15% first and as new to car I don’t really like going that low anyway.
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

If you have a 50kWh Enyaq it will need to be upgraded to the latest ME3 software, most will already have been done so by now. This upgrade DOES NOT increase the existing 50kWh charging speed - despite my dealer telling me it would do so! If Skoda did this it would be a free charging upgrade, and most likely upset owners who paid £440 for the upgrade when it became available in early 2022.
IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post