400 miles

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
H71BCD

Post by H71BCD »

Hi There.
Is anyone else now getting a range of over 400 miles ?. Mine is an IV80 and it has been getting better since an OTA update a few weeks ago, but not sure what that update was. Also the range degradation has improved.

20230715_103233.jpg

RichR

Post by RichR »

Estimated range is based on the average consumption over the last few minutes multiplied by the estimated remaining battery charge.

So if you coast down a hill, the miles per kWh will be artificially high. If you then turn the car off and charge it, you’ll get a similarly unrealistic estimated range.

That figure is only meaningful if you carry on driving how you have been in the last 10-15 minutes - for example on a motorway.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
CrowSysE243

Post by CrowSysE243 »

I am not sure that 400+ miles is completely unrealistic, depending on the conditions that you drive in. My estimated range after a charge is creeping up. After charging last night from 20% to 100% the forecast was 381 miles which is the highest it has been in the 2 weeks since getting the car. After 44 miles driving in good weather conditions and a temperature of about 22 degrees C, mostly M4 into London and then heavy stop start traffic, the percentage charge had dropped to 91%, the estimated remaining range was 360 and the average consumption was 5.4 miles per kWh. The sum of remaining range and distance since charge continued to increase until we hit heavy rain and the temperature dropped to 14 degrees. At the end of the journey home the car reported the remainig charge as 82% with a remaining range of 315 miles after travelling 80 miles since charging. I don't expect to get this performance on a journey into Scotland with the car heavily loaded but is looking possible on a warm summer day in good weather for my typical mix of journeys of either about 50 miles on the motorway but taking typically 1 hour 15 minutes due to traffic conditions, or trips around town or local country lanes.
iV80 Loft, 19"Regulus, Energy Blue, Maxx Pack, Travel Pack, Heat pump. Order Jul22. BuildWk17-23. UK WE23/6. Available 30/6/23. Collected 3/7/23 Untethered PodPoint. Third Rock mode 2 charger with Tough Leads modular extension lead and adapters.
Choppsie

Post by Choppsie »

I've never even seen 200 miles, though mine is a 60 not an 80

Must be my driving style
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

My vRS had an estimated range of 281 after several eco drives when charged to 100% for the first time ever last week prior to a trip across North Yorkshire moors from Leeds to Whitby and back.
In sport mode driven enthusiastically, but legally for 160m
Looking at range left on return now changed due to average from sporty drive total range would have really been about 270m.

A single motor 80 driven carefully should be able to get much more than this in summer.
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
RichR

Post by RichR »

I had a 60 for a week - I managed 210 miles to a 100% charge on one trip, with about 10% battery remaining. That was pretty much sitting on adaptive cruise on the A1M for two hours having some lunch with family then coming back, doing between 60 and 70mph and only about 10 miles at either end not on the motorway. In my 80 I've had over 300 miles on more than one occasion. Both were with climate control set to 19C full automatic, with two people in the car.

I've found the Enyaq gets pretty good economy on long motorway trips, way better than it does on smaller A-roads. Acceleration is what really kills economy, and that's unavoidable if you're driving through changes in speed limit, roundabouts, traffic lights etc. I just sit back, listen to an audio book and enjoy the journey.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
metalmadhammer

Post by metalmadhammer »

Im now getting 320 miles-ish. I never use A/C. I find I get much better on A roads and around town but as soon as I hit a motorway at 70 - 75mph my kw/h starts to dive. I have my software update next week so hoping the range improves as yours has.
Enyaq 80 Suite, Race Blue, Panoramic Sunroof, 20" Vega Alloys and a silly overpriced rubber mat for the boot.
RichR

Post by RichR »

Over 70mph it drops off rapidly. 60-65mph on motorways seems best for me. Though I'm not averse to sitting in the left lane on ACC behind a truck for an hour - especially if the weather is poor.
TiMoth

Post by TiMoth »

400 miles is absolutely doable.
Two useful examples both from the Summer half term break:
Warrington, Cheshire to the other side of Newmarket, Suffolk, and all but 11 miles of the way back. Distance without charge, 369 miles. Load, 3 adults, large climbing frame there, heavy solid oak dining table on return.
Solo business run, no load, mixed driving. 430 miles between charges achieved over 3 days of use.

PS, I am still on the factory software from a December 2022 build as the OTA doesn't seem to be doing anything with this car yet.

The biggest hits to range are speed... so 56/62mph is good, anything higher is a pain as is varying the speed, and having the aircon on. We turned that off completely and cracked the windows about half an inch each. At 56mph that isn't an issue for noise or efficiency.
Enyaq iV80 Sportline, rear side airbags, 125kW charging and swap to weight class steering. Order confirmed by fleet with dealer 3 Dec 2021. Build slot week 48 2022. Finally build week 50. Arrived Emden mid January. Delivery date to me 16th Feb 2023.
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

If I don’t reset data then my estimated range is usually very low . Like 100 miles on 100% . If I reset after charge and take it easy it soon adjusts

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post