Power Pass fails again

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Choppsie

Post by Choppsie »

Yet again I failed to charge at a BP Pulse charger shown as part of the Pod Point network

I tried the RFID, several times, not even failed to recognise, just completely ignored the card and the numbers on the charger did not match the ones shown in the Power Pass App so I have to pay full price

Does anyone know the correct steps to actually get a BP Pulse charge using the Power Pass RFID or App as I have never managed it?

Thanks in advance

Choppsie

leelazer203

Post by leelazer203 »

Hi,

I have never had a problem with pulse charger with my Powerpass card. I just tap it and it starts charging. App wise though I have never had any luck. Like you say, the numbers on the charges don't match the numbers on the Powepass app.
Choppsie

Post by Choppsie »

Perhaps it is the card then? I can ask for a replacement can't I?
leelazer203

Post by leelazer203 »

Its worth asking yeah. It should work so it does sound like it might be the card.
Choppsie

Post by Choppsie »

leelazer203 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:23 pm Its worth asking yeah. It should work so it does sound like it might be the card.
Thank you. I have sent Power Pass an email as I can't call their number, it just says unavailable!!
C2atb

Post by C2atb »

I’ve had issues with the 50kw older chargers , tried the app too but wouldn’t start charge . Has it been working with other bp chargers ?
Stripy

Post by Stripy »

So ereadersreadsthe `PowerPass card really slow, so give it like 5-10 seconds with only little movement
Choppsie

Post by Choppsie »

Small update:

I managed to get the RFID card to work with a Shell charger so card is okay

Power Pass did finally get back to me. Basically, if there are any issues with a charger, you don't contact Power Pass (though you can't with a UK mobile as it's an unrecognised number problem), you are supposed to contact the supplier, in this case BP, giving all your details and ask them to enable remotely. I tried this and BP help said they can't do that as they can't validate who I am, they say they don't store the RFID card number to confirm you can get the discounted rate!

Really don't know what my next step is as the main chargers on my commute are BP Pulse???
HarryHuk

Post by HarryHuk »

I've had problems with some BP and Shell chargers. It depends on the individual charging device.
60 Loft Graphite Grey ordered late Nov 2021, delivered late June 2022. UK based
Heat pump, 19" wheels,
chrome, transport, sport drive basic, assisted drive basic, parking basic, light and view basic. ME3.0.0 (from factory)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post