80X arriving: First things to do

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
HugosDad

Post by HugosDad »

Thanks everyone, I think I've got most things figured.

I thought the ambient lighting might be brighter and/or available when DRL's are on. This car does have the crystal face (meh... It was a good deal) but it only seems to be available when it's properly dark outside and doesn't seem to be able to be persuaded to come on otherwise.... Weird.

I've got shortcuts and favourites set up, I need to add some satnav favourites as the built in maps actually look half-decent.

I think the only thing I might be missing is the warning triangle, no biggie.

Does the bar that goes across the bottom of the digital dash show battery drain (when accelerating) and recoup when breaking? I'm not really sure about the whole B / D mode stuff.

Good tips here!

Oh, and the ice scraper is in the boot lid!
iV80X, Black Magic, 20” Vega Anthracite, Comfort Seat Pack Plus, Convenience Pack Plus, Heat Pump, Transport Pack, Light and View Pack Plus, Assisted Drive Pack Plus, Climate Pack Plus, Parking Pack, Family Pack. Acquired Aug 2023

snalbansed

Post by snalbansed »

HugosDad wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:07 pm I think the only thing I might be missing is the warning triangle, no biggie.
You only get that in countries where it is a requirement, so not the UK. Some people have bought a third party one, or bought the official Skoda one.
HugosDad wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 10:07 pm Does the bar that goes across the bottom of the digital dash show battery drain (when accelerating) and recoup when breaking? I'm not really sure about the whole B / D mode stuff.
Sort of - it indicates power, either bring used or regenerating. Shame it doesn't indicate numbers! I'm a scientist... give me numbers!

D mode is standard drive mode - if you take your foot off the accelerator you carry on coasting like you would in an ICE car (though there are times when the car puts the brakes on anyway, like approaching known junctions).

B mode is a form of single-pedal-driving - when you ease off the accelerator the car slows down through regenerative braking.

Use of the two modes is a personal preference. If you use a lot of ACC (no-pedal-driving!) then it won't make any difference in that mode.

There's been quite a bit of discussion on here in the past about which mode is more efficient. Personally I prefer D mode.
Sportline, Artic Silver, parking+, infotainment+, convenience+, family basic, assisted drive+, climate+, towbar
Ordered 20th December 2021, mine 21st March 2023
Charger: Zappi
HugosDad

Post by HugosDad »

ImageAwesome, thanks.

The ambient lighting seems to be behaving itself now, I'm still curious as to whether or not the crystal face can be made to come on with DRLs.
I've ordered the ODB11 thingy to see what can be tweaked.

The car does seem to be 'offline' a lot so will walk through the processes of pulling the fuse and see if that helps.

If there's any HomeAssistant users about I also got the integration working there (eventually) but have more work to do on the interactive image.

Screenshot 2023-08-02 at 10.27.38.png

iV80X, Black Magic, 20” Vega Anthracite, Comfort Seat Pack Plus, Convenience Pack Plus, Heat Pump, Transport Pack, Light and View Pack Plus, Assisted Drive Pack Plus, Climate Pack Plus, Parking Pack, Family Pack. Acquired Aug 2023
EVNewbie

Post by EVNewbie »

Found this really useful, and is getting me excited about my (distant) delivery and things I’ll need to think about.

Literally just pushed the button on my order, quite pleased that the lead time now appears to be 18 weeks.

Went for 80X Sportline Plus, Race Blue, 20” Vega Anthracite, Maxx pack, Panoramic sunroof, heat pump, Transport pack and partition load net.
snalbansed

Post by snalbansed »

May your 18 weeks be quick! It's a great car, lots to enjoy.
Sportline, Artic Silver, parking+, infotainment+, convenience+, family basic, assisted drive+, climate+, towbar
Ordered 20th December 2021, mine 21st March 2023
Charger: Zappi
HugosDad

Post by HugosDad »

Hey,

@EVNewbie, I'd say it's probably taken me 2 days to get a grip of everything and work most the things out. I've not tried a charge yet though so still got that battle ahead.

A lot of the online services seem to take a while to activate, although there's much on the display I'm not really sure what else they add!

There's no spare tyre (at least in the 80X) so no jack etc etc, just a pump and some sticky stuff to keep the air in.

I got the transport pack netting in tonight, if you look closely on the label that's attached to each net it suggests whereabouts it should go, but the attachment points aren't super obvious (take the seats down and hook the loops around the seat catch:

BC1D4818-5E94-433D-B43F-BB157E4B8616_1_105_c.jpeg

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post