Best tyres for the 80 sportsline

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
jatclarke

Post by jatclarke »

Hi all

Having a nightmare with Heritage Skoda. Recently damaged my rear tyre, fortunately I have tyre damage insurance, but I have the Bridgestone Turanza Eco 255/45/R20 fitted. However Heritage Skoda do not hold stock and Bridgestone are waiting for stock to arrive.
So my question is what do other Enyaq drivers find a good alternative?

Thanks in advance
John

Flamazine

Post by Flamazine »

On my Superb iv i had Michelin cross climates. Excellent tyres. When im ready for new on the Enyaq thats the ones ill be getting.
Enyaq sportline 80x in metallic grey.
Dorsetandy

Post by Dorsetandy »

I’ve had several punctures with the same Bridgestones on the same 20” wheels - always on the rear. Whilst I personally don’t like these tyres and will certainly look for an alternative when the time comes, advised not to replace a single tyre on the same axle with a different brand. Whilst it is OK to fit different brands front & rear, again this is something I’m not keen on.

I had the same issue sourcing a replacement Bridgestone, my local Kwik-Fit found a pair, so worth checking around all suppliers in case they have some in stock or can get them.
IV60 Quartz Grey, suite, panoramic sunroof, parking basic, climate plus pack, comfort seat basic, drive sport, chrome pack, transport pack, assisted drive plus and 20” Vega wheels. ME3 upgrade.
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

I've got some Continental PremiumContact 6's on the rear of mine. Seem alright. Still on the factory fitted Bridgestones up front. Choice is a little limited on the 255/45r20s for the rear.

I would probably just see what options there are. The tyre labels give some basic scores for noise, wet grip and fuel efficiency. I would suggest you pick something with A rated wet grip, from a decent brand, Continental, Michelin, Goodyear etc. Just see what the best deals are. Ofcourse if there are a few options at a similar price point, then you can lean towards the one with the better fuel economy or noise etc depending on preference.

You can compare prices etc at one of the online retaillers, eg: https://www.tyres-pneus-online.co.uk/ca ... arch-size/ (i like this one as it lets you filter out A rated wet-grip)

Then use that as a bit of a comparison with what your being offered. I certainly wouldnt be having tyres fitted at a main dealer, dont need to be paying dealer premium for that sort of work.
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite
white67

Post by white67 »

Just put a set of Hankook Ventus (S1 Evo3 EV Sealguard 235/45/21) on my 60.
Rated "C" for economy (not that I care) and "A" for rain (which I very much care about!)

Note those are for the 21" wheels.

They seem good so far, I was at 14k on three of the originals. One failed with a nail early days despite the alleged "self seal" tech and was replaced for almost free using tyre insurance, which is highly recommended.

I thought I got quite a good deal with Blackcircles at £850 for four, fitted locally. That was after a discount of 10% I think.
Enyaq iV 60 Suite, Race Blue Metallic, 21" Betria Alloys, Tow Bar Prep, Comfort Seat Basic - with Heated Seats added, Convenience Pack Plus,
Drive Pack Basic, Light & View Pack Basic, Parking Pack Plus, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

That life is worryingly short?
I am used to getting 25k plus out of front tyres on Yetis and Karoq 190tdi.
Indeed my Yeti 4wd 150 ps went in part exchange at 35k on original regularly rotated tyres.
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
RichR

Post by RichR »

Earlier Sportlines like mine came with the Hankook Ventus S1 Evo3 Sealguard tyres rather than Bridgestones. I've done about 10,000 miles on mine and they still perform very well. Perhaps that could be an option?
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
metalmadhammer

Post by metalmadhammer »

I have the Hankook Ventus 20" tyres and after 17000 miles I have 4.5mm left on the fronts and 2.8mm on the rears so theyve done quite well so far I'd say.
I will however be asking for the Michelin cross climates as I feel the car is not safe in icy conditions.
Enyaq 80 Suite, Race Blue, Panoramic Sunroof, 20" Vega Alloys and a silly overpriced rubber mat for the boot.
ricky10

Post by ricky10 »

Why people get so hung up about tyres?

The stock set are ultra expensive. Like £250-400 for a single one.

Xcross climate is fine and so are most tyres suitable for the weight and usage. If you are in a truly Nordic condition then get some chains.

I had two rear puncture in one month:..thought it was sabotage but it was just luck

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post