Almost here......

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Caveman

Post by Caveman »

Just got the call from the dealer - car is in the workshop going through the PID checks....could be ready for collection later this week or early next!

Will update with a few pics and thoughts as soon as I get a chance to drive the thing.

RichR

Post by RichR »

I'm excited for you - also I'd love to see a right hand drive version after watching hours and hours of left hand drive ones on YouTube. Bjørn Nyland's recent tests have shown the Enyaq to be superior to the ID.4 in many ways (despite being the same platform) and very much on a par with cars with significantly less practicality but costing more money. My requirements are for motorway journeys with four adults, and two or three dogs in the boot.

Pretty convinced now that my Outlander PHEV will be going, and will be placing an order for an Enyaq 80 iV, most likely with Lodge interior (and quite a few options) at the end of summer.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Wow great news! Looking forward to lots of pics :)
Caveman

Post by Caveman »

Well I collected it on Monday evening and the wife has been driving it every day and loves it. We had a Discovery sport (oil burner) before and never really used the full 7 seats, so this was a nice swap.

It is the 80 in the basic blue with Lounge interior (not keen on the crystal face LED so didn't go for the launch version) - which is actually pretty nice thankfully I only went for the 19in Regulus options wheels and might throw some 21's on later...the 19's will then get used as the winter studded tyres.

Pretty much threw every option on it too (the important ones) - kids love the USB-C points, picnic tables and head supports for sleeping, Mrs is happy with the glass sliding roof and electric tailgate, lights and heatpump system are superb as is the build and ride quality. Super smooth to drive and the auto-regen blending with manual brakes is perfect. It even takes the sat nav info and will slow you down on road speeds and even when approaching tight turns or roundabouts. Pretty slick. Could get a bit awkward if you try and push it, but you do change driving style for sure trying to be smooth and save on electrons. Have the Mono for fun days out so I am happy to relax and enjoy the silence in this one!

Driving when set to B mode seems to have quite alot of resistance to it, so I tend to leave it in D with auto-regen then flick the '-' paddle to increase it as needed...as soon as you hit the brake it goes back to auto again.

Infotainment wise is a bit of a head scratcher as there is soooo much to it...so I am still trying to get time to sit down in it and configure everything. But the screen is good size, great position and nice feel to the touch without much lag...probably too sensitive due to the gesture controls when trying to hit the home or menu icons on the bottom.

Charger at home is installed but agian need to connect that to the wifi and set that up - and the same with the Skoda app as some options are still greyed out - like charging to 80% rather than the default 100. No big deal just need time to read and play.

Overall, probably the smoothest and most comfortable car I have ever owned and tech wise it is a bit too clever. I have most assists turned off on my settings....leave them on for the wife's key.

Enyaq Front.jpg

Enyaq Front.jpg

-Andy

Enyaq Rear.jpg

RichR

Post by RichR »

Ooh that blue looks a lot better in your photos than it does in Skoda's :)
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.