Heads-up display position

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
melaniewalker

Post by melaniewalker »

Should the heads-up display position be stored per user profile? The wife and I have different driver profiles set up but the HUD position seems to be one-for-all. We're different heights with different seat positions, so it's hard to find a compromise which is good for both of us. This seems like an obvious thing to set per driver, but I can't figure it out.

RichR

Post by RichR »

No, sadly it's not. The best you can do at present is to aim to have the seat heights such that your heads are at approximately the same place, and maybe set the HUD position to a compromise where you can both see it without it being clipped at the bottom.

I'm sure it's something that Skoda can add, but given that profiles were a fairly recent addition to the software, what they can store will potentially be added to at each update.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Walter Eagle

Post by Walter Eagle »

Should the heads-up display position be stored per user profile?
Should it be? Absolutely.
Is It? No.

Complete idiocy on Skoda's part.
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

Maybe it would not last long if regularly adjusted?
Perhaps designed to adjust once and leave alone.

My wife and I are several inches difference in height but can both see it.

Personally I would want the internal mirror to adjust with seat settings as it is a nuisance trying to get it right again after driver change.
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
RichR

Post by RichR »

It's only an LCD panel with a mirror to direct the light at the windscreen. There's no reason why its position couldn't be stored per profile other than like I said - profiles were a recent addition to the Enyaq (remember we've have the HUD since launch in 2019, profiles came in with ME3.0 in early 2022). There are lots of things that could be stored per profile but it's likely that Skoda haven't fully implemented and tested it yet. Car software updates take months as they're subject to all kinds of regulatory approvals - and also if nobody lets them know that people would like that feature they're unlikely to implement it.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
CrowSysE243

Post by CrowSysE243 »

Fortunately for me it is stored together with the door mirror settings in the seat position memory. My wife needs it set slightly higher than I do. So far we do not use separate profiles as the seat, mirrors and HUD are the only differences we require.
iV80 Loft, 19"Regulus, Energy Blue, Maxx Pack, Travel Pack, Heat pump. Order Jul22. BuildWk17-23. UK WE23/6. Available 30/6/23. Collected 3/7/23 Untethered PodPoint. Third Rock mode 2 charger with Tough Leads modular extension lead and adapters.
benlye

Post by benlye »

CrowSysE243 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:13 pm Fortunately for me it is stored together with the door mirror settings in the seat position memory. My wife needs it set slightly higher than I do. So far we do not use separate profiles as the seat, mirrors and HUD are the only differences we require.
Are you saying that the HUD position gets adjusted when you use the physical buttons on the drivers seat to restore a position? That would work for us, I'll have to try it.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline Plus, Race Blue, Panoramic Roof, Transport Pack, Maxx Pack
8kW Sunsynk hybrid inverter, 9.625kWp JA Solar panels, 16kWH Sunsynk battery storage, Zappi V2 charger

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post