Shop Payment problems

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Andy1832

Post by Andy1832 »

After my one month free trial of ACC I decided to purchase permanently as I was missing it from previous Tiguan and I have a long journey coming up at weekend, but have run into endless issues.
I bought it through the App where the only payment option is bank transfer ( I wasn't aware at the time that other simpler options are available via infotainment screen!) Thus I had to make a payment via SWIFT for which my bank kindly charges £20. Life became rather difficult as to set this up as in addition to IBAN and BIC codes I had to find the addresses and post codes of both J P Morgan Mobility payment solutions as well as their bank BNP Paribas, which are based respectively in Luxembourg and Germany even more weirdly the payment has to be in GBP rather than convert to EUR which complicates matters on SWIFT and it seems also causes additional delays. I processed this last Friday but money did not leave my bank until Monday so I gave it a couple of days before checking if the ACC had loaded. Surprised to find that on the App it was showing as pending but on the screen in the car it was "Activating" with a spinning green circle and has been all day. The freeby Ambient lighting additional functions that I ordered at the same time had loaded successfully. So a call to Skoda then advised me that there have been endless issues with the bank transfer system and that I should expect the money to be refunded some time in the next few days (minus my £20 fee I expect). I then called my bank to find out their side and was told that because the system is geared to make payments in the currency of the receiving country this would take considerably longer (like 5 working days) to be actioned as payment was in GBP!
I'm now not sure whether this payment will end up being made or refunded given complexities of the supplier being in Czech Republic, the finance company in Luxembourg and their bank in Germany its no wonder there are problems. One thing for certain, I will not have the ACC for my long trip this weekend.

Sorry to go on but just wanted to share the best way to pay. Do it on screen where you can use Credit Card and Debit Card at no cost.
iV 80 Loft Energy Blue Pan Roof and Drive package basic

Andy1832

Post by Andy1832 »

Update - this from Skoda:-Thank you for your call concerning the issues with payment for the Adaptive Cruise Control license.
We understand that you paid for this service through the Shop within the MySKODA App and bank transfer method was the only available option.
We are sorry to hear about the encountered difficulties and we understand a certain concern and frustration this has caused.

As confirmed over the phone, we can see the order no: 00000001991839, created and paid for on August 12, 2023.
However, we regret to inform you that the amount was not received on our end.

In order to be able further assist and analyze this problem with the responsible department, we would like to ask you to kindly provide us with the proof of payment.

We would like to inform you that is necessary to cancel the existing order for the Adaptive Cruise Control from our side in order to be able to create a new one from your side.
We will notify you when we cancel the existing order and the money is returned to your account.

We would like to apologize on behalf of SKODA AUTO for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding.

We are looking forward to your response.

We hope that within this procedure the request will be resolved to your full satisfaction and you will continue to favor the ŠKODA brand.
iV 80 Loft Energy Blue Pan Roof and Drive package basic

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post