Intelligent Octopus - Charging issues after switching

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
dlman

Post by dlman »

Hi all

I completed the switch to Intelligent Octopus a week ago. I had some of the issues people mentioned with test charges on other threads, but was able to work around this by telling my charger to do a boost charge.

However, I'm having some difficulties with getting overnight charging actually work as intended with smart scheduling.

I have an EV-IQ 7.3 kwh home charger. The charger uses an app called Electric Miles for its controls (same app as for Project EV). The problem as far as I can tell, is that this charger doesn't support plug and charging. Instead you either have to set a schedule, or select a charging Boost (which is either for a pre-set number of hours, kwh or cost). To get the test charge to work I had to use the boost function for a 30min charge.

1) First night I've tried just plugging in the charger and allowing the Enyaq and Octopus to try and control charging. But effectively nothing happens - the solid red light comes on the charger and nothing else.

2) Next night I tried setting up a 30min boost after plugging in. This seemed to work, Octopus set-up a schedule and paused charging, but after the first 30mins overnight charging stopped.

3) Next night I set up a scheduled charge from 11.30pm to 5.30pm. At 11.30pm Octopus recognised the charger was active and set up a schedule for 12.30am-1am and then 2am -5am and paused charging. At 12.30am, charging began as scheduled until 1am when charging was paused. So far so good.....but then the 2am-5am charge didn't work, it seems my charger got stuck with a message 'Finishing charge' which I couldn't clear from the app and required me to unlock the car and manually remove the cable to clear.

I know that with IO I'm not supposed to set any schedules, but I don't know how to get around the problem where the charging does start without this. Has anyone got the same charger, or similar charger. Any suggestions of workarounds of things to try happily received!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post