Is the heat pump worth it?

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
whoareyou

Post by whoareyou »

Hi all,

Looking for some advice please.

Looking at leasing a Skoda Enyaq iV80.

Looking at a Suite Clever or Clever Plus package.

Basically the price is the same for the Clever with a heat pump as the Clever Plus without the heat pump.

Would you recommend the better package without the pump? Or lower the package to get the pump?

Any advice is appreciated, thanks

ricky10

Post by ricky10 »

Wouldn’t bother with the heat pump tbh
Helijock

Post by Helijock »

I find it useful, pre warming for 30 minutes uses less than 1% of battery, going into a shop and leaving the airco or heater on while my wife waits in the car uses negligible power. So for me the extra cost has been well worth it and would spec the heat pump if I were to replace my current car.
Ordered June 21. Race Blue, Suit, 19" Proteus wheels, 100kw charging, Heat Pump, Comfort seat plus, Climate package plus, Transport pack, Drive Sport basic, Assisted Drive basic, Parking basic. Then I ran out of money!
KBEE

Post by KBEE »

I don’t have a heat pump, so in all honesty, I don’t really know what I’m missing! But I know I would miss the electric tailgate a lot, and the matrix headlights are brilliant when driving in the dark.

The heat pump is probably good in winter but personally I’d go for the features of the Plus pack that you will use all year round.
Ordered 10th Feb 2022:

Enyaq iV 80 Sportline
Energy Blue
Climate Pack Plus, Convenience Pack Plus, Family Pack, Panoramic Sunroof

Delivered 26th July 2023!
General_Apathy

Post by General_Apathy »

I decided the heat pump wasn’t worth it on the basis the majority of our trips are short with only a few long hauls each year. The marginal gain in range from more efficient energy use from air con wouldn’t be the most effective use of £££

I went for the Clever pack but now regret not going for the Plus pack, for the electric tailgate and matrix lights. My decision was based on keeping the net monthly cost similar to what I pay for current car but if I could go back (or alter the build due next week!) I’d definitely have gone for the Plus rather than Clever.
iV80 Suite with Clever pack, Transport and Sun Roof. Ordered Apr'23.
whoareyou

Post by whoareyou »

Thanks all, appreciate the insight

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post