Any other EV models tickle your fancy?

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Dav00

Post by Dav00 »

frankfurterbear1 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:21 pm
Dav00 wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:04 pm Owning both a Skoda Enyaq and a Kia EV6, I'd suggest shortlisting the EV6.
Do you prefer ev6, lovely style.
Yes, I do.

Background: Kia EV6 GT Line S vs Skoda 80 Sportline. We ordered them at the beginning of 2022 to have cars with comparable features and specs but different make/platform/technology/etc, just not to put all the eggs in a single basket. We did the right thing: VAG/Cariad/Skoda have been a total disappointment, no matter how I want to believe that this Enyaq is super cool and it has a great potential.
The winner for me is the EV6 and Kia itself. There are of course things where the Enyaq is better, and with decent software and decent connected services it may even be close to a tie, but right now it's like a football match ending 4-1.

Bikeronnie

Post by Bikeronnie »

Vrsjones wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:12 am The Hyundai Ionic 5 N is taking my fancy. It’s amazing and revolutionary in the world of Hot EV. I currently have the Vrs Enyaq and love it so it would be brave for me to move to it.

Have a watch. It’s insane

That's weird! That EV sounds like it has an engine!! :roll:
ricky10

Post by ricky10 »

Model Y and Genesis GV60.

Model Y would have been my preferred car due to being a Tesla but I didn’t go for it cos 1) cost 2) the boot isn’t practical. I can’t get 2 kiddie bikes in the back and still have space for luggages.
Vrsjones

Post by Vrsjones »

Bikeronnie wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:00 pm
Vrsjones wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:12 am The Hyundai Ionic 5 N is taking my fancy. It’s amazing and revolutionary in the world of Hot EV. I currently have the Vrs Enyaq and love it so it would be brave for me to move to it.

Have a watch. It’s insane

That's weird! That EV sounds like it has an engine!! :roll:
That’s because it does. They have given synthetic engine noise and synthetic gear changes. So when you rev up like a normal car it makes you feel like your changing gear with the flappy paddles. It’s crazy.
Skoda Enyaq IV Vrs with all the bits and bobs that come with the Vrs
Aragorn

Post by Aragorn »

The EV6 and Ioniq5 are certainly very interesting. Kia have been doing good things with their EV's for a while.

I had my eye on an eNiro before settling on the Enyaq but eventually decided it was a little bit small.

Price is a significant issue for a lot of these models though. Our Enyaq was 35k and nothing exists around that price point with equivalent space/spec etc. The Kia/Hyundai cars start at 45k. Now, granted, a) prices have gone up a bit, and b) speccing up an Enyaq so its equivalent to the EV6 probably means it costs the same, as they have a higher base spec, bigger battery etc.
'21 Enyaq 60 Ecosuite
Dav00

Post by Dav00 »

@aragorn: Kia has presented today the EV5. It should be slightly bigger than the Niro - something like the Sportage - and starting below £40k. It's the same E-GMP plarform already used for Kia EV6 and EV9, Hyundai Ioniq 5 and 6, and Genesis GV60, but on a 400v system rather than the 800v adoopted by the bigger systers. That means slower DC charging but aligned with Enyaq's.
The EV3 is smaller but released date is unclear (to me)
ricky10

Post by ricky10 »

I doubt Kia’s 400V system will go above 100kw charging. Niro EV is the same platform as EV6 etc but 400V and charges at 85w.
gamegenie

Post by gamegenie »

Ioniq 5 and the new Volvo EX30 were on our list, but just not enough Ioniq 5s in our price range/nearby and the EX30 wasn't out yet, so we plumped for the Enyaq. Have to add we were buying used rather than brand new.
Enyaq 60|Ecosuite |Panoramic sunroof|Assisted Driver package plus|Climate package plus|Comfort set package basic|Convenience package plus|Drive sport package basic|Family package basic|Infotainment package plus|Light and view package|Parking package basic
barrym01

Post by barrym01 »

I would not recommend an MG4 under any circumstances.
Their front collision assist system is highly dangerous with multiple reports on the MG4 forums stating the fact that it Emergency brakes frequently. I've just handed mine back fir this reason. Only way it can be turned off us by disabling each time you start the car.
metalmadhammer

Post by metalmadhammer »

barrym01 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:59 am I would not recommend an MG4 under any circumstances.
Their front collision assist system is highly dangerous with multiple reports on the MG4 forums stating the fact that it Emergency brakes frequently. I've just handed mine back fir this reason. Only way it can be turned off us by disabling each time you start the car.
TBH, I get this in the Enyaq. Emergency brake comes on far to easy and subsequently far too often IMO. It doesnt like windy roads on steep hills like where I live in Yorkshire and sends it into a fit when there are parked cars around.
I've only heard really good things about the MG4 (given the price).
Enyaq 80 Suite, Race Blue, Panoramic Sunroof, 20" Vega Alloys and a silly overpriced rubber mat for the boot.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post