O4A4 Software Increased Range

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Deleted User 2162

Post by Deleted User 2162 »

Hi everyone, My first post here but I have been reading for a good few months.

Bought our Enyaq 60 in May, used with 2000miles on it. Covered 6000 miles since then over summer in the UK.

It came with 3.1 on it and at best on a 80% charge achieved ~175 miles and about 210 on 100% charge over this entire time.

Last Saturday morning O4A4 software update was waiting, took 15 minutes to install and since then we are now getting or it’s reporting and sticking to a consistently 190miles on 80% charge and 240 miles on 100%.

Has anyone else experienced this or had this update?

I’ve read old posts on here about ME3 software reducing range for some people, and also about the traction battery cell issue with some earlier cars.

I wonder if Škoda limited the DoD of the cells until they gathered more data on the ageing and self discharge issue etc, and now they have this they have increased the limit again?

Interesting anyway to me and certainly useful heading into winter!

Stripy

Post by Stripy »

You’re more lucky than most, by having it delivered with 3.1 - and then received a further update to it.
I think majority is still stuck at 3.0, and dealerships refuse/can’t/won’t/don’t know how to force newer versions on if brought in
Mfhphil

Post by Mfhphil »

I'm not an EV expert but my mates Tesla never needs to go to a dealer for updates, everything is over air, so I wondered why we have to wait for busy dealer service departments to book us in for our updates.
orrery

Post by orrery »

Mfhphil wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 11:17 am I'm not an EV expert but my mates Tesla never needs to go to a dealer for updates, everything is over air, so I wondered why we have to wait for busy dealer service departments to book us in for our updates.
Because the OTA software wasn't ready when the cars were released. Once you have 3.0, then you have the OTA update software. It is now a case of Skoda releasing the updates for each vehicle.

Somewhere, I suspect that they have found an issue with the OTA software which has knocked them off course.
iV80 Lounge, Heat Pump, 125kW charging, Tow bar
Previous EVs: Leaf 40 (x2), Leaf 30, Leaf 24. EVing since 2014.
dezember

Post by dezember »

EnyaqAndy23 wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:41 am
Last Saturday morning O4A4 software update was waiting, took 15 minutes to install and since then we are now getting or it’s reporting and sticking to a consistently 190miles on 80% charge and 240 miles on 100%.
Hi… thanks for the info. Can I ask what update was this? How do you check if it’s the O4A4 software that has been updated? In the software info screen mine just say’s version 3.1

Thanks.
iV60 Metallic Green :) Assisted Drive. Climate basic. Light & view. Parking plus. Lounge. Ordered 1st Dec 2021. Delivered in August 2022.
Deleted User 2162

Post by Deleted User 2162 »

Using this https://aus.skoda.com.au/request/vin-checker#secb before it showed a ‘recall’ for O4A4… it actually still does.

Service Campaign/Recall Number O4A4
Commencement Date 21/08/2023
Service Campaign/Recall Description S-ME3.1.1 ? BMCe

Nothing ever showed in the campaign bit in the car.

Last Saturday morning it had a message saying 04A4 was waiting and it would take 15 minutes to install. It took about 2 minutes only.

Software version in new software app in car still shows 3.1.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post