Park Assist

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
DazAutomatic

Post by DazAutomatic »

Hi All,

The Enyaq is a good-sized car, with lots of techy options. In the original Enyaq press kit, Skoda describe new "Enhanced functions for Park Assist":
To make parking even easier in the ENYAQ iV, ŠKODA has expanded the functions of Park Assist, which up to now had already taken over the steering when driving in and out of parallel and bay parking spaces. In the new, even more intelligent configuration, the system can also brake the car automatically and prevent collisions with pedestrians or objects.
Remote-controlled parking goes one step further: It allows the driver to guide their ENYAQ iV into particularly tight parallel and bay parking spaces remotely via their smartphone and the ŠKODA Connect app. The system takes over the steering and brakes automatically. Park Assist now has a function for trained parking too. This enables the driver to record their route into a frequently used parking space, for example in a narrow and angled driveway. They only have to do this once, and can then automatically repeat this route in exactly the same way at any time at the push of a button. Here too, the system takes over the steering and brakes, and prevents collisions.
The dashboard has a "Park Assist" button, and the configurators I've seen for different countries all have "Parking Package Basic" and "Parking Package Plus" options, but neither of these advertise any of Skoda's existing Park Assist features already available across most of their range. Does anyone have any insight whether this functionality will be made available for the Enyaq later in the year? Thanks!
Enyaq iV 80 Loft, 125 kW DC charging, heat pump, assisted drive+, parking+, convenience basic, towbar prep, ME3.0 update. MyEnergi Zappi v2 charger. Intelligent Octopus, referral code to share £100: share.octopus.energy/sunny-fox-995

RichR

Post by RichR »

I've been trying to work this out too - in the manual it shows parking assistance in the parking camera menus, and it has a steering wheel icon. But it doesn't go any further about what it does or how to use it. So perhaps it's not implemented at this point.

Auto brake during parking is mentioned in the manual however.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
jamest

Post by jamest »

This has been puzzling me as well. The feature sounds great, so you’d hope at worst if you paid for the Parking Package Plus it would become available in a future update.

I’m surprised none of the reviews (that I’ve seen) have noted it’s absence.
Ordered 17th March 2021, delivered 17th November 2021. Enyaq iV 60 Suite, Moon White Metallic, 100kW, Comfort Seat Package Basic, Family Package Basic, Convenience Package Plus, Drive Sport Package Basic, Assisted Drive Package Plus, Parking Package Plus.
Wombleyaq

Post by Wombleyaq »

I had a look at the ID.3 and ID.4 forums and the feature definitely isn't available.

A US forum said it was coming in the '22 model for the ID.4 but I don't know if current models will have all the sensors to retrofit.
Enyaq iV 80 Loft
DazAutomatic

Post by DazAutomatic »

Wombleyaq wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:29 am I had a look at the ID.3 and ID.4 forums and the feature definitely isn't available.
A US forum said it was coming in the '22 model for the ID.4 but I don't know if current models will have all the sensors to retrofit.
Thanks - that's helpful.
Enyaq iV 80 Loft, 125 kW DC charging, heat pump, assisted drive+, parking+, convenience basic, towbar prep, ME3.0 update. MyEnergi Zappi v2 charger. Intelligent Octopus, referral code to share £100: share.octopus.energy/sunny-fox-995
jamest

Post by jamest »

The person in my nearby Skoda dealership thinks it isn't currently being offered because of the chip shortage, which also implies that it won't be a software update later on as the required hardware won't be there. Hope that isn't true, but it sounds plausible.
Ordered 17th March 2021, delivered 17th November 2021. Enyaq iV 60 Suite, Moon White Metallic, 100kW, Comfort Seat Package Basic, Family Package Basic, Convenience Package Plus, Drive Sport Package Basic, Assisted Drive Package Plus, Parking Package Plus.
Goaty

Post by Goaty »

In the first few seconds of this video, it appears that the mum is controlling her Enyaq (reversing it) from her phone - which surprises her kid ( in the ad )

So perhaps something is coming at some point? Would surely need the 360 degree camera option though, as a minimum??
iV80 Loft, Black, 21” Betria, 125kW, Climate Plus, Asst Drive Basic. Tethered PodPoint. Ordered May 2021. Delivered Nov 2021. Regrettably returned Jan 2024 (Company car. Changed jobs).
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

Well I have the package and also MySkoda which shows no parking functionality. Skoda connect is fully linked and MySkoda does correctly show battery level and settings.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.
RichR

Post by RichR »

As mentioned above - it's not currently available. It might be introduced by a software update or maybe a dealer retrofit, but we just don't know yet.
Enyaq iV 80 Sportline, Energy Blue, Assisted Drive Plus, Infotainment Plus, Convenience Plus, Comfort Seat Plus, Transport Pack, Heat Pump, ME3.2, Built Nov 2021.
Perchede

Post by Perchede »

DazAuitomatic - Tried to reply to your PM but do you have P.M. replies disabled in your profile.
IV60 Energy Blue, Loft, Matrix LED Lights, Drive assist+, Parking Assist+, HUD, Transport, Comfort, Tow bar. Schneider EV Link charger, 7000 Govt Grant - France, Delivered June 21.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post