Back ache

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
sborthwick

Post by sborthwick »

I have had my Enyaq IV80 Suite now for a couple of weeks and have done just over 600 miles. My overall impression is I am very impressed

First the positives:
- Efficiency - I regularly do an 80 mile journey of a mix of motorway and slower roads and so far I've achieved over 4.3miles per kwh every time. Even on a long motorway run it was still returning 3-9-4
- Practicality - The car is very practical, came from another SUV but the Enyaq is definitely more spacious
- Build quality - The car feels very solidly put together and very happy with the materials

A couple of negatives around the technology:
- Infotainment - Has needed to be rebooted a couple of times. A few times when I've selected the USB for music it wont then let me select a track and i've had to switch back to radio then back again
- Skoda backend - A couple of times now the Skoda backend servers have had issues, that impacts the app which isn't too bad. Bigger issue is it impacts Octopus Intelligent controlling the car

One other thing I am noticing - I am getting a slight lower back ache being in the car - Has anyone else noticed this? Maybe I just haven't quite got my seat position right yet but I haven't had this on any other car I've owned
2022 Enyaq 80 Suite Black - Climate package plus, convenience package plus, light and view package
Octopus Intelligent - referral code pale-okapi-534

Fenders

Post by Fenders »

I assume with Suite you have 4-way lumbar? I have found with the Enyaq, as I did with a prior vehicle, that I needed to find a particular seat back angle that gave me enough upper back support but also let me feel the lumbar support (which I keep low and almost at max depth). Over a couple of months I also raised the seat and made it more level (ie knees not too far above hips) and my back felt better on longer trips.
ricky10

Post by ricky10 »

Yeah the car seat doesn’t have enough elevations. I also get back pain on very long drives with lumbar support all the way out. And find myself needing to tilt angle of seat a bit on those drives to temporarily alleviate the pain

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post