My new Enyaq - already issues

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
gamegenie

Post by gamegenie »

So, after lots of research, and weeks of searching for a used Enyaq 60 with all the options I was looking for, finally found a 2021 Skoda-approved one with under 10k miles. Living quite far from the main dealer, I had a couple of video calls to look over the car, before finally agreeing to buy it. Can't fault the dealer, really good walkthrough calls.

It arrived yesterday and first impressions were good, but only after a couple of miles of driving it the panoramic roof and courtesy lights started playing up. So, did a quick restart of the system and it seems to be working again. Later got into the car and had 2 errors for dynamic cornering lights, a quick restart and they disappeared. I'm hoping these are just gremlins rather than longer-term issues.

My main concern at the moment is battery range. I asked the dealer to run a battery health check on the car, this was done, but the salesperson said they didn't understand it, but would add it to the docs sent to me. I've just looked at it and if I'm reading it right, the battery capacity is 90%. (Need to do a bit more research on if I'm reading this right) To be honest, if that's the case, I'm surprised that a battery loses so much capacity in such a short time. Has anyone else had a battery health check? Is this normal?
Enyaq 60|Ecosuite |Panoramic sunroof|Assisted Driver package plus|Climate package plus|Comfort set package basic|Convenience package plus|Drive sport package basic|Family package basic|Infotainment package plus|Light and view package|Parking package basic

Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

The trouble with a 60 is that users are tempted to always charge to 100% to get a decent range? That will make the battery deteriorate faster. You still have an 100k mile or 8 year warranty though to still have 70% then. Deterioration will slow anyway.
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
Erakettu

Post by Erakettu »

In some types of battery the capacity seems to degenerate 10-20% in the first couple of years. Later on the degeneration rate is significantly slower. This is normal and varies by the battery chemistry. Regardless how the battery is charged
Powerstar

Post by Powerstar »

That estimate of battery degradation sounds very suspect to me. EV batteries have proven to be much more resilient than nay-sayers have been forecasting.
With less than 10k miles there has been limited chance for any real abuse I’d suggest. There are many owners on here who have been using their Enyaq’s as taxi/private hire cars who are rapid charging frequently and would certainly have been vocal if they’ve seen such quick degradation and decrease in range.
If the cars battery really is at 90% then that would be an issue I think.
gamegenie

Post by gamegenie »

Yeah, not sure what I will do, apart from running it and seeing what mileage I get from it. Potentially can return within 14 days I think, but I wish I asked for the certificate at the offset, so I could have either walked away or asked for a discount knowing what I was getting into. I think this is something the trade should be more upfront about when selling cars, (I don't think they're deceitful, more ignorant) and the same can be said of buyers, we need to be more aware of stuff like this why buying used evs. It's not just the mileage or age of the vehicle you need to consider.
Enyaq 60|Ecosuite |Panoramic sunroof|Assisted Driver package plus|Climate package plus|Comfort set package basic|Convenience package plus|Drive sport package basic|Family package basic|Infotainment package plus|Light and view package|Parking package basic
Ken3966

Post by Ken3966 »

Just do a couple of reasonable length gentle driving trips. The car will then get used to your driving style and indicate the estimated range in the battery when you next charge. I find this is remarkably accurate as long as next trip is similar. Then you can tell if the car has enough range in normal use to suit you. Bear in mind that consumption is much higher in winter conditions though apparently.
Grey vrs coupe with 20” wheels, heat pump, heated windscreen and rear seat, adjustable suspension, Canton sound and head up display
Ovv

Post by Ovv »

Maybe I should have asked for something similar prior to my 60 arriving, however I don't really think its much of an issue having watched this:

Shame you've had issues already though, I'd keep an eye on them rather than worrying to much about the battery.
ricky10

Post by ricky10 »

Nearly 10k done, 0 degradation in terms of miles per 100% charge.

I have a OBD2 but only started using it after a couple of months into ownership. The usable total charge hasn’t changed since I started looking.

Jan 23 registration.
Ouvavou

Post by Ouvavou »

My iv60 is 14 months old and has nearly done 15k miles. Based on some rough calcs I’ve done I reckon I’ve had 0 to negligible degradation so far. 90% of charging is AC. I charge to 100% for occasional long trips but mostly 80%. This isn’t a misreading of 62kw (battery capacity l) and the usable 58kw is it?
IV60, quartz grey, suite trim, regulus alloys,
Packs: assisted drive+, climate+, Drive, Light & view, parking, convenience+, Transport, Family, Rear side airbags, towbar, 100KW. Zappi & Solar.
Ordered 20/10/21 - Delivered 19/07/22
gamegenie

Post by gamegenie »

Thanks for all your responses, it does seem weird. Maybe I'm not reading the report right! The report is here..

Enyaq redacted for web.png

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post