INSURANCE THROUGH MY LIMITED COMPANY

All Skoda Enyaq related discussions
Stickybob

Post by Stickybob »

Hi

I have just bought through my limited company the Enyaq iv80 coupe Sportline plus. From what I understand, the company needs to insure the vehicle (not myself)
Can anyone recommend any good value insurers who specifically cater for how I need to do this please?

Thanks!

ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

Stickybob wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:15 am Hi

I have just bought through my limited company the Enyaq iv80 coupe Sportline plus. From what I understand, the company needs to insure the vehicle (not myself)
Can anyone recommend any good value insurers who specifically cater for how I need to do this please?

Thanks!
If the company bought the vehicle but you are the registered owner, then regular car insurance is fine.
Ordered iv80 09-12-21 MY22 - Delivered 11-08-22
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi
ComicGeek

Post by ComicGeek »

I use https://www.brokerexperts.co.uk/ for our company cars.
ComicGeek

Post by ComicGeek »

ChangoMutney wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:20 pm

Thanks!
If the company bought the vehicle but you are the registered owner, then regular car insurance is fine.
But it's very unlikely that the OP would be the registered owner, that would still likely be the limited company. The limited company can't just give away the car.

The OP could be the registered keeper though.
AndyH

Post by AndyH »

I've had company cars from limited companies I've worked for in the past and I was the registered owner. We also bought our iV80 through our own limited company and again I'm the registered owner. Insurance is through Admiral and paid for by the company. I did check with them first and they said no problem.

I'm not saying the above is right or wrong, just my experience.

Regards
Andy
IV80 Suite, Race blue, 20” Vega alloys, heat pump, electric tow bar, panoramic sunroof, 125kW, climate/transport packs, ordered July 21, delivered November 21. 1st EV and still loving it.
ChangoMutney

Post by ChangoMutney »

ComicGeek wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 3:51 pm
ChangoMutney wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:20 pm

Thanks!
But it's very unlikely that the OP would be the registered owner, that would still likely be the limited company. The limited company can't just give away the car.

The OP could be the registered keeper though.
Sorry yes I meant registered keeper. That's how I do it.
Ordered iv80 09-12-21 MY22 - Delivered 11-08-22
Moon White, Loft, 19", Seat Basic, Heat pump, Tow bar, Climate +, Convenience +, Transport, Light and View Basic, Drive Sport +, Assisted Drive +, Park +, Infotainment +, Sunroof, SW3.1 Zappi
ComicGeek

Post by ComicGeek »

AndyH wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:10 am I've had company cars from limited companies I've worked for in the past and I was the registered owner. We also bought our iV80 through our own limited company and again I'm the registered owner. Insurance is through Admiral and paid for by the company. I did check with them first and they said no problem.

I'm not saying the above is right or wrong, just my experience.

Regards
Andy
Big difference between registered owner and registered keeper. I'm sure your accountant and the tax man would have a lot of issues with you being the registered owner of a car bought through a limited company!
AndyH

Post by AndyH »

Apologies, typed out the wrong phrase - should have been registered keeper and my name is on the V5. Car paid for by our own limited company, the invoice effectively makes the company the registered owner.

This will teach me to chip in while trying to juggle normal small business work priorities.

Just in case this helps:

https://www.dvla-contact-number.co.uk/t ... a-vehicle/
IV80 Suite, Race blue, 20” Vega alloys, heat pump, electric tow bar, panoramic sunroof, 125kW, climate/transport packs, ordered July 21, delivered November 21. 1st EV and still loving it.
jonoreno

Post by jonoreno »

Can anybody help I am considering buying a 85x but obviously there has been comments in the press about insurance companies either charging to much refusing to take your insurance has anyone experienced this problem

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post